Windows 10: Microsoft Store repeatedly downloading updates

Discus and support Microsoft Store repeatedly downloading updates in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I've noticed that the Microsoft Store is always downloading updates for a lot of the apps. Mail, News, 3D Builder, Alarms & Clock, the Store itself... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RobElliot, Nov 27, 2018.

1. RobElliot Win User

Microsoft Store repeatedly downloading updates

So I've noticed that the Microsoft Store is always downloading updates for a lot of the apps. Mail, News, 3D Builder, Alarms & Clock, the Store itself ... every day it wants to download updates to about 20 items. When the updates are installed, it says they were last updated weeks or months ago.

What's going on there? Can something be done to not waste that bandwidth without completely shutting off the update service?

:)

RobElliot, Nov 27, 2018

2. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Microsoft Store repeatedly downloading updates

Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

We would like to know what’s the result after running the apps troubleshooter. Please refer to this
    link
    if you wish to download the troubleshooter.

In case that the troubleshooter didn’t help on this matter, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store. Kindly follow the steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to run the command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try downloading the app again.
    Kindly keep us updated.

JohnMel And, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Store repeatedly downloading updates

1. Microsoft Store repeatedly downloading updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store repeatedly

2. Microsoft store cannot update / download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store cannot update / download: It have been a while that my computer cannot download any app in microsoft store at all . Likely every time I click on update or install anything the button if in the app page is on the button will freeze a while then just return to normal again And if it on library it will...
  3. Microsoft Store Updates & Other Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Updates & Other Downloads: Since installing Windows 11 The Microsoft Store hasn't worked correctly once. As soon as it loads, and I click on "Library" it shows a list of apps that need to be updated or are currently in the process of updating but absolutely nothing is happening. Clicking "Update All"...
  4. Microsoft Store Downloads and Updates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Downloads and Updates: I went to the store to check for updates on a game but the 3 dots you used to tap to access that function is no longer there. What is the reason for this and how do I get updates now?...
  5. Microsoft Store Downloads and Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Downloads and Updates: I went to the store to check for updates on a game but the 3 dots you used to tap to access that function is no longer there. What is the reason for this and how do I get updates now?...
  6. Microsoft Store Downloads and Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows/Microsoft Store not updating/downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows/Microsoft Store not updating/downloading: My windows update don't show anything but pending and my Microsoft Stores updates and downloads only show pending or occasionally says it's downloading however after a few hours it either doesn't download. Even the smallest of apps don't download and most of the time shows an...
  8. Microsoft Store Download Failing and Then Repeating Failing After Click Repair.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Failing and Then Repeating Failing After Click Repair.: I've had this issue on my other computer where I downloaded a game (Sea Of Thieves) and then it failed and said Repair, so I would download it again and it would say the exact same thing. This has been happening for 2-3 months only for sea of thieves. There is a weird file...
  9. Microsoft store downloading and updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft store downloading and updating: Out if the blue i am not able to download some apps nor update them. I get an error 0x80070005. Which is saying i do not have permission for the action. I have checked for all updates in windows and security. I have reset microsoft cache. I have allowed microsoft to access my...
  10. Microsoft store download stops and starts repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store download stops and starts repeatedly: I am currently in the middle of downloading Forza Horizon 4, it was gifted to me but what i am about to describe has never been a problem with gifted games before, the download says downloading and it will show me the download is anywhere from 20-430mbps with 75 (the usual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store repeatedly updates apps