Windows 10: Microsoft Store/S Mode problem

Discus and support Microsoft Store/S Mode problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About 2 weeks ago, I purchased a new Surface Go (primarily for when I travel). There are a few apps that I could not install because they were not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DickKramer, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store/S Mode problem

About 2 weeks ago, I purchased a new Surface Go (primarily for when I travel). There are a few apps that I could not install because they were not in the Microsoft Store. When trying to switch out of S Mode, the store just came up with a blank screen.

Quite a large number of people were reporting the same problem here and a few days later it was reported that a fix had been published. The "fix" was to update to a newer version of the Microsoft Store app (version 11906.1001.18.0 has a problem that is fixed in version 11906.1001.24.0 or later).

For many people this fix took care of the problem. However, after trying every suggestion that has been made I can't get the Microsoft Store app to update to the new version. I have noticed that other people are still having trouble too.

I have been trying a couple of times every day to:

- check windows update,

- going to the Microsoft Store > Downloads and updates > Get Updates,

- Settings > Troubleshoot > Windows Store Apps > Run the troubleshooter

- Reset the Microsoft Store App

Nothing has worked, even though it indicates that the Microsoft Store App has been updated, it is STILL version 11906.1001.18.0

Is there any other way to force an update to the Microsoft Store App?

:)

DickKramer, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Microsoft Store Problem

Hi,

There are times that you’ll encounter an error that the account doesn’t exist if the account name was misspelled. It can also be related to a conflict that has occurred with the Store app. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you check this
    article for the steps that you can use.

Also, here are the troubleshoot steps that you can follow to isolate if the issue is with the Store app:

• Check for
      connection problem
    • Check if you have the correct time and location settings. Go to Settings
      > Time & Language.
    • Reset Microsoft Store cache:
    • Press Windows + R keys to launch the run command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft and sign in.

We're just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Vijay Win User
    Restore Microsoft Store application in Windows 10

After multiple attempts, I managed to get Store open by enabling Developer mode (as suggested by one of the posters here) and running the command "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" in Powershell. Not sure if is exactly the solution since I've tried different steps suggested by different users in different forums (including uninstalling Store separately) but hey, I am not complaining!

Vijay, Aug 15, 2019
  4. sam02 Win User

Microsoft Store/S Mode problem

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store/S Mode problem

1. Microsoft Store/S Mode problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Mode

2. S Mode and Microsoft Store App problems

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    S Mode and Microsoft Store App problems: Brand new HP computer in S mode. Accidentally uninstalled the Microsoft store app. Cannot get the app back on and cannot get out of S mode. Want to download Chrome and cannot because it is in S mode. Please help...
  3. S Mode and Microsoft Store App problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode and Microsoft Store App problems: Brand new HP computer in S mode. Accidentally uninstalled the Microsoft store app. Cannot get the app back on and cannot get out of S mode. Want to download Chrome and cannot because it is in S mode. Please help...
  4. S Mode and Microsoft Store App problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store and S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and S mode: My laptop is currently in S mode and the Microsoft store is missing. I've tried numerous things and video suggestions and updating. I've spent hours trying to solve this problem and for some unknown reason power shell isn't even opening. Please if anyone has any advice or...
  6. Microsoft Store and S mode

Microsoft Store and S mode: My laptop is currently in S mode and the Microsoft store is missing. I've tried numerous things and video suggestions and updating. I've spent hours trying to solve this problem and for some unknown reason power shell isn't even opening. Please if anyone has any advice or...
  7. S Mode and MS store problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S Mode and MS store problems: I need to disable the Microsoft S Mode on the laptop I have just purchased however whenever I follow the step by step guidance the ms store never opens so can’t access the ‘get it’ turn off switch as described in the how to guides.Can anyone help?!...
  8. S Mode and MS store problems

S Mode and MS store problems: I need to disable the Microsoft S Mode on the laptop I have just purchased however whenever I follow the step by step guidance the ms store never opens so can’t access the ‘get it’ turn off switch as described in the how to guides.Can anyone help?!...
  9. Microsoft store and S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft store and S mode: I reset my laptop because it was starting to get beyond slow and when I restarted it, the first thing I tried to do was reinstall Chrome. It told me that I have to turn off S Mode to install it so I went to do that but when I clicked go to the store and it said "You'll need a...
  10. Microsoft Store and S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store and S mode: I just received a brand new laptop, and I'm already having issues. So I'm in windows 10 home in S mode at the moment, and if I attempt to disable S mode by any means, the windows store just comes up with a white screen. The windows store itself works perfectly fine, it just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store crashing in s mode

2. microsoft store version 11906.1001.24.0

3. windows s mode microsoft store crashing

4. reset microsoft store app s mode,
  5. problem with windows store 11906.1001.24.0,
  6. insatll Microsoft store 11906,
  7. microsoft store 11906.1001.24.0