Windows 10: Microsoft store saying I no longer own Minecraft Windows 10 edition despite me having it on...

Discus and support Microsoft store saying I no longer own Minecraft Windows 10 edition despite me having it on... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently attempted to apply for the Minecraft RTX beta through the Xbox Insider Hub on windows 10, after applying I was redirected to the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RyanGeugis, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Microsoft store saying I no longer own Minecraft Windows 10 edition despite me having it on...

I recently attempted to apply for the Minecraft RTX beta through the Xbox Insider Hub on windows 10, after applying I was redirected to the Microsoft Store and prompted to purchase Minecraft Windows 10 edition. I am already the owner of a copy of Minecraft Windows 10 edition as I purchased it many years ago and used the code I was given to convert my Java edition to the Windows one. I have both versions installed on my computer and can play both without issue, yet according to the Microsoft Store I no longer own Minecraft and must purchase it before being able to use the RTX beta. I have attempted to contact Microsoft regarding this issue and have not been able to contact them via any form of media, I'm at my wits end and am infuriated at the lack of customer care seeing as that I have already purchased the product. Please advise me on what I can do.

:)

RyanGeugis, Sep 25, 2020

2. Cannot reinstall Minecraft, despite Microsoft Store saying I own it.

Hello,

Recently, Minecraft stopped working on my HP Pavillion Notebook; it would open, show the Mojang logo, then close and present the message 'Minecraft is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001'.

So I uninstalled Minecraft. And went to reinstall it on the Microsoft Store. It says I own the game. I clicked on 'Install on my devices' and only my Xbox appeared, not my laptop. It says on the store that my device is compatible with the game. I went to
    'Manage my devices'and confirmed that my laptop was listed as a device. I restarted the Microsoft store; no different.

Then I thought, I might still have game files on my laptop, making Microsoft Store believe I still have the game downloaded. So I deleted all Minecraft associated files on my laptop. This also made no difference, it still won't allow me to reinstall Minecraft,
    despite still saying that I own it.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

ChristopherStanlake, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    minecraft windows 10 edition. windows store.

Hi,

If you already played Minecraft from its previous PC or Mac version (running Java), you will be eligible to download Minecraft: Windows 10 edition for free. Normally, you'll be able to download the full version right after you redeem the Minecraft: Windows
    10 Beta code to your Windows 10 computer. In your case, there's a possibility it doesn't detect the beta code that you redeemed. We recommend that you reset the Windows Store to clear the store cache on your computer by performing the following steps:

• Press  Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer and reinstall the game.

To know more about Minecraft: Windows 10 edition, you may refer to this link.

Let us know if the solution works for you.

Ariel Acu, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Microsoft store saying I no longer own Minecraft Windows 10 edition despite me having it on...

minecraft windows 10 edition. windows store.

Thank you for the information. It seems that the system still detects the beta version you've first downloaded. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest that you uninstall Minecraft: Windows 10 Beta to your computer, and reset the Microsoft Store app by performing
    the following steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the
      Settings
      icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Once you're done, kindly sign in your Microsoft account again to the Windows Store app and try to install Minecraft: Windows 10.

Do get back to us with the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional help.

Ariel Acu, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store saying I no longer own Minecraft Windows 10 edition despite me having it on...

1. Microsoft store saying I no longer own Minecraft Windows 10 edition despite me having it on... - Similar Threads - Microsoft store saying

2. Minecraft Java Edition Won't Launch Despite Me Owning It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java Edition Won't Launch Despite Me Owning It: TL ; DR - I have tried every conceivable thing I can to get access to Minecraft Java Edition, a game I payed full price for, because my Gamepass Subscription expired and locked me out of being able to access the Minecraft Launcher.---So, I tried playing Minecraft Java today,...
  3. Minecraft Java Edition Won't Launch Despite Me Owning It

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Java Edition Won't Launch Despite Me Owning It: TL ; DR - I have tried every conceivable thing I can to get access to Minecraft Java Edition, a game I payed full price for, because my Gamepass Subscription expired and locked me out of being able to access the Minecraft Launcher.---So, I tried playing Minecraft Java today,...
  4. I redeemed windows 10 edition of minecraft having owned java since alpha, but it says i...

I redeemed windows 10 edition of minecraft having owned java since alpha, but it says i...: I am 100% certain i redeemed minecraft win10 edition as I had it installed for 2 years, after redeeming the conversion from java but after a fresh install due to a win 11 issue, it says i don't own it in the store.I have gamepass ultimate so i can install another version, but...
  5. On Minecraft.net It Says I Own Minecraft And Have An Account But Not On The Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Minecraft.net It Says I Own Minecraft And Have An Account But Not On The Microsoft...: I know I have minecraft because I can log-in and I have the launcher to play it. For some reason when someone on the xbox app invites me to minecraft it redirects me to the microsoft store to purchase minecraft. When I know I have it....
  6. It says I don't own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, but I do own it.

It says I don't own Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, but I do own it.: I'm signed in and everything and it just says install free trial. I just want to install Minecraft to play with my friends on consoles.[ATTACH]...
  7. Minecraft Windows Edition not showing up as owned despite being owned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows Edition not showing up as owned despite being owned.: Hello everyone. A couple of weeks ago, I redeemed my free version of Minecraft Windows edition with the code Mojang sent me. It worked perfectly for that day and the days after. However, something unrelated went wrong with my computer, and I had to wipe my computer of...
  8. Cannot reinstall Minecraft, despite Microsoft Store saying I own it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot reinstall Minecraft, despite Microsoft Store saying I own it.: Hello, Recently, Minecraft stopped working on my HP Pavillion Notebook; it would open, show the Mojang logo, then close and present the message 'Minecraft is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001'. So I uninstalled...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition will not download despite me owning it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition will not download despite me owning it: I redeemed a code for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition in April but when I redeemed it, I never got the game. It does not show up in my library or ready to install, and I cannot redeem the code again. My purchase history even says I got the game, but I cannot play it. Please help...
  10. I no longer own Minecraft in the Windows 10 Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I no longer own Minecraft in the Windows 10 Store?: I owned Mojang's Minecraft. When it came out on Windows 10, I redeemed for my free version. Anytime I rebuilt my PC, I could always reinstall Minecraft because the Windows Store knew I owned it. I just got a new PC, installed Windows 10 and went into the store and tried to...