Windows 10: Microsoft store says gift card is for another region.

Discus and support Microsoft store says gift card is for another region. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Xbox gift card that says it is for a Canadian Microsoft account. However, every time I try to redeem the card, I get an error message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by thunderblade65, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Microsoft store says gift card is for another region.

I have an Xbox gift card that says it is for a Canadian Microsoft account. However, every time I try to redeem the card, I get an error message saying that it's from the wrong region. I live in Canada, have always lived in Canada, and my account profile says my region is Canada, as it always has. After the error message, my E-mail is listed with United States next to it, even though it's a .ca address. Going into my E-mail settings, they don't appear to have the option to change or even set your region. Is there anything I can do about this?

:)

thunderblade65, Jan 30, 2020

2. Gift Card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1. Are you referring to Windows store to buy gift card?

If yes, I suggest you to refer the Microsoft store link below and check if it helps.

Personalized gift cards

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/All-gift-cards/categoryID.67154100

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Suvarna Govinda, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Issues with using Microsoft gift cards on Microsoft Store in Windows 10.

Hi,

Everything is OK, since I bought this new laptop I have only used one Microsoft account at the moment.

I was able to purchase an app from the Microsoft Store yesterday, all I needed was to change my region:

• Start
    • Settings
    • Time & Language
    • Region & Language
    • Changed from United States to Japan (gift card was bought in Japan)
    • Open Microsoft Store
    • Buy desired app and the option of using gift card finally appears. Done!
    Hope this helps someone in the future.

Again, thanks for dealing with my problem Mr. Yonten.

hekatonchires, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Microsoft store says gift card is for another region.

microsoft gift cards

I think it is something that you need to try but keep in mind that "Availability of services varies by country/region, device and over time. Please read the
    Microsoft gift card FAQ for more information about availability and how to use your Microsoft account for purchases".

Your country is listed!

This is what the FAQ says:

In which countries or regions can I use my Microsoft account balance to make purchases at participating Microsoft stores?
    You can use your account balance at participating Microsoft stores in the following countries and regions:

• Argentina
    • Australia
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • Brazil
    • Canada
    • Chile
    • Colombia
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Finland
    • France
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Hong Kong SAR
    • Hungary
    • India
    • Ireland
    • Israel
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Korea
    • Mexico
    • Netherlands
    • New Zealand
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Russia
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Singapore
    • Slovakia
    • South Africa
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Taiwan
    • Turkey
    • United Arab Emirates
    • United Kingdom
    • United States

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store says gift card is for another region.

1. Microsoft store says gift card is for another region. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store says

2. microsoft gift card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft gift card: i brought a £5 gift card with my microsoft reward points after i brought the gift card the code is no where to be found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-gift-card/35591d48-fd4d-4418-b5c1-a44c17c946ea
  3. Microsoft Store keys from another region.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store keys from another region.: I was wondering, can I activate US or EU keys in the UK region on the Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-keys-from-another-region/7356c8c4-fef3-49dc-9404-256fa7cef0a4
  4. How to redeem an xbox live gift card code from a different region on the microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to redeem an xbox live gift card code from a different region on the microsoft store?: Im trying to redeem from the microsoft store an xbox live gift card a friend from US gave me. I live in the Philippines. It says 'The code is from another region. It was purchased from a different region from your account. Is there a way around this? How do I solve this?...
  5. Microsoft Store Gift Cards

Microsoft Store Gift Cards: I purchased several GC 5 days ago on the store however they're still stuck in pending. I've contacted my card provider whom told me that it's MS and they need to present it and have 7 days to do so. I wouldn't mind however when I bought them it said you;d receive them within...
  6. Physical store gift card

Physical store gift card: I have a 30 characters physical store card worth $ 580 dollars, all physical stores are closed in my area Henderson NV, how do i redeem this card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/physical-store-gift-card/32385c0c-1091-400b-9f40-52e2b6c94957
  7. Microsoft Gift Card?

Microsoft Gift Card?: Why is my gift card showing an expiration date? I thought there was suppose to be no expiry date? If I knew I would of saved it when I actually do need to use it? [ATTACH] [Moderator Edit: Moved from Microsoft Teams \ Other]...
  8. How to gift a person in another region a Windows Store game gift code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to gift a person in another region a Windows Store game gift code?: Would love to buy a copy of Minecraft for a friend so that we could play together but he lives in another region. What's the best course of action here since he doesn't have a PayPal? If, for example, he lives in Ireland and I live in the US, is it possible for me to go to...
  9. gift code region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gift code region: I bought a "Minecraft for Windows10"-gift and send the code to my gf, but she is in another region and cannot activate it. Error Message: GeoRestricted WGUrTN/shkae073h.58.1.6.7 Is there any way to change the code's region or exchange the code for one that works in...
  10. Microsoft Gift Card

Microsoft Gift Card: I was using Microsoft rewards, finally got enough points and I redeemed a $30 gift card, but I can't use the gift card for its original purpose because when I had it transferred to my balance it was HK$ and Microsoft rewards don't accept refunds so now I'm stuck with a $30...