Windows 10: Microsoft store says gift card is for another region.

Discus and support Microsoft store says gift card is for another region. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Xbox gift card that says it is for a Canadian Microsoft account. However, every time I try to redeem the card, I get an error message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by thunderblade65, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Microsoft store says gift card is for another region.

I have an Xbox gift card that says it is for a Canadian Microsoft account. However, every time I try to redeem the card, I get an error message saying that it's from the wrong region. I live in Canada, have always lived in Canada, and my account profile says my region is Canada, as it always has. After the error message, my E-mail is listed with United States next to it, even though it's a .ca address. Going into my E-mail settings, they don't appear to have the option to change or even set your region. Is there anything I can do about this?

:)

thunderblade65, Jan 30, 2020

2. Gift Card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1. Are you referring to Windows store to buy gift card?

If yes, I suggest you to refer the Microsoft store link below and check if it helps.

Personalized gift cards

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/All-gift-cards/categoryID.67154100

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Suvarna Govinda, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Issues with using Microsoft gift cards on Microsoft Store in Windows 10.

Hi,

Everything is OK, since I bought this new laptop I have only used one Microsoft account at the moment.

I was able to purchase an app from the Microsoft Store yesterday, all I needed was to change my region:

• Start
    • Settings
    • Time & Language
    • Region & Language
    • Changed from United States to Japan (gift card was bought in Japan)
    • Open Microsoft Store
    • Buy desired app and the option of using gift card finally appears. Done!
    Hope this helps someone in the future.

Again, thanks for dealing with my problem Mr. Yonten.

hekatonchires, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Microsoft store says gift card is for another region.

microsoft gift cards

I think it is something that you need to try but keep in mind that "Availability of services varies by country/region, device and over time. Please read the
    Microsoft gift card FAQ for more information about availability and how to use your Microsoft account for purchases".

Your country is listed!

This is what the FAQ says:

In which countries or regions can I use my Microsoft account balance to make purchases at participating Microsoft stores?
    You can use your account balance at participating Microsoft stores in the following countries and regions:

• Argentina
    • Australia
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • Brazil
    • Canada
    • Chile
    • Colombia
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Finland
    • France
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Hong Kong SAR
    • Hungary
    • India
    • Ireland
    • Israel
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Korea
    • Mexico
    • Netherlands
    • New Zealand
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Russia
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Singapore
    • Slovakia
    • South Africa
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Taiwan
    • Turkey
    • United Arab Emirates
    • United Kingdom
    • United States

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store says gift card is for another region.

1. Microsoft store says gift card is for another region. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store says

2. Buy Microsoft gift card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Buy Microsoft gift card: Split from this thread. I really want to buy 10$ microsoft gift card but there is no option in microsoft rewards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-microsoft-gift-card/e3222473-dff7-482d-8847-af34d089b473"
  3. Microsoft Digital Gift card

Microsoft Digital Gift card: Hi, my Microsoft account was blocked and I cannot make purchases online, so I will like to transfer my Microsoft account balance to a another account. Can I do that? , Thanks in advance!...
  4. Using a Microsoft gift card for purchases

Using a Microsoft gift card for purchases: Hope someone can help with this. I recently received a Microsoft gift card into my account. I would like to make purchases on it. I have a game on my PC that I downloaded to Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store, there are items you can purchase for playing the game, and...
  5. gift cards

gift cards: just wondering if the Xbox gift card works for my pc (windows 10)? cuz I've searched a for some time now at Woolworths and i can't seem to find a Microsoft gift card anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gift-cards/b383f784-aec7-430e-8580-ccde052fa1ab"
  6. gift code region

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gift code region: I bought a "Minecraft for Windows10"-gift and send the code to my gf, but she is in another region and cannot activate it. Error Message: GeoRestricted WGUrTN/shkae073h.58.1.6.7 Is there any way to change the code's region or exchange the code for one that works in...
  7. Microsoft Gift Cards aren't activated?

Microsoft Gift Cards aren't activated?: I went to Target today and bought 2 $25 Windows Microsoft gift cards. I went home and put the codes in but it said they aren't activated. I took the cards back to the store with the receipt and talked to the Guest Service. The lady there told me that they can't refund it or...
  8. Microsoft Gift Card

Microsoft Gift Card: I was using Microsoft rewards, finally got enough points and I redeemed a $30 gift card, but I can't use the gift card for its original purpose because when I had it transferred to my balance it was HK$ and Microsoft rewards don't accept refunds so now I'm stuck with a $30...
  9. Unable to Enter Bank Gift Card in Microsoft Store

Unable to Enter Bank Gift Card in Microsoft Store: I was given a bank gift card (Visa) for Christmas to use to upgrade my system to Windows 10 Pro. Unfortunately, when I go to the Store to do so, my only options do not allow me to use it. The "Gift Card" option has too many numbers to input, and the "Credit/Debit" option says...
  10. Gift cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gift cards: Hi! I was wondering if Microsoft gift cards are the same as Xbox gift cards. I am going to buy the new Forza horizon and thought about playing it on windows 10. Will it work to pay it with an Xbox gift card on Microsoft store? Kind Regards Emil...