Windows 10: Microsoft store says i already own the app

Discus and support Microsoft store says i already own the app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed instagram app a few months back. And i didn't get notification for updates, so i uninstalled the app from Settings. There, i uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RoozaAli Naseer, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Microsoft store says i already own the app

I installed instagram app a few months back. And i didn't get notification for updates, so i uninstalled the app from Settings.

There, i uninstalled the app. Later, i tried to re-install it from the Microsoft Store. It says, i already own the app and on its right there is the install button. I press it and it says downloading and in a few seconds, i get a notification saying that they're unable to install the app, and that they'll try again later.

I check the downloading bar from the Microsoft store and it says Error.

Can someone help me install instagram again?

And no, i checked whether instagram was there in the installed apps, but it isn't there.

Though it is there in the 'all owned' section. With a install button. It doesn't work.

:)

RoozaAli Naseer, Dec 13, 2018

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 13, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Dec 13, 2018
  4. sam02 Win User

Microsoft store says i already own the app

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft store says i already own the app

1. Microsoft store says i already own the app - Similar Threads - Microsoft store says

2. microsoft store say i already has roblox owned but there is no sign of it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store say i already has roblox owned but there is no sign of it: pls help me microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-say-i-already-has-roblox-owned-but/2df8185e-5392-4958-bec4-72cdccb8a9f8
  3. microsoft store say i already has roblox owned but there is no sign of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store say i already has roblox owned but there is no sign of it: pls help me microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-say-i-already-has-roblox-owned-but/2df8185e-5392-4958-bec4-72cdccb8a9f8
  4. microsoft store say i already has roblox owned but there is no sign of it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.: I owned HP smart before I reinstalled my Windows. After approximately a year I needed the app again. When I open the store and type in HP smart it says I already own the app. When I push the button to install, it does nothing. I tried the following advice I found in this...
  6. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.: I owned HP smart before I reinstalled my Windows. After approximately a year I needed the app again. When I open the store and type in HP smart it says I already own the app. When I push the button to install, it does nothing. I tried the following advice I found in this...
  7. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

8. it says i already own this app

it says i already own this app: i was gonna download the xbox app on the microsoft store but it says i already own it when i go to click install it shows a circle with a red cross in it it does this for multible other games s well someone please help...
  9. Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

Says I already own an app, but it will not install.: I have followed multiple threads on this, restoring the Microsoft Store, even going to the extent of restoring Windows this evening. I am still having exactly the same issue. When I go into Microsoft Store and My Library I can see the App and it says Install which I click...
  10. Says I already own an app, but it will not install.

Says I already own an app, but it will not install.: I have previously uninstalled an app HP, but now need it back. At the store while clicking on the button 'GET', the app doesn't install but instead, it is written "Where do you want to install?" Then a blank window opens up, says: "It looks like you don’t have any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store you own this app

2. microsoft store says i already own the app

3. you own this app microsoft store

4. you own this app cannot download,
  5. microsoft store says i own an app,
  6. microsoft store says i own app,
  7. windows store saying you own this app but app not installed,
  8. windows store says i own an app that i dont own,
  9. windows 10 you already own this app,
  10. microsoft store app already owned,
  11. windows store owned apps but can not open,