Windows 10: Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought.

Discus and support Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just bought an app in the web browser version of the Microsoft Store, but the Microsoft Store app says I don't own it. I received an email... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TimF_1, Oct 27, 2019.

1. TimF_1 Win User

Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought.

I just bought an app in the web browser version of the Microsoft Store, but the Microsoft Store app says I don't own it. I received an email confirming that my purchase went through, but the store app does not seem to realize that. I have already tried resetting the store app, but it still doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

TimF_1, Oct 27, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Oct 27, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Oct 27, 2019
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft store says I don't own an app I just bought. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store says

2. I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...: Won't let me download the game I bought https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-game-off-of-the-microsoft-store-and-it/7ecb0b97-7a85-4fcf-8f66-ffa481226490
  3. I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...: Won't let me download the game I bought https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-game-off-of-the-microsoft-store-and-it/7ecb0b97-7a85-4fcf-8f66-ffa481226490
  4. I bought a game off of the Microsoft store and it says I own this but will not let me...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Bought Minecraft on xbox.com but it's says I don't own it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Minecraft on xbox.com but it's says I don't own it: I have bought Minecraft Starter Collection for win 10, via xbox.com.But when I start the luncher it says I have to by the game again.I have tried to login and out of MS store, on my computer account, on xbox.com, in the minecraft luncher, minecraft.net and sign in again and...
  6. Bought Minecraft on xbox.com but it's says I don't own it

Bought Minecraft on xbox.com but it's says I don't own it: I have bought Minecraft Starter Collection for win 10, via xbox.com.But when I start the luncher it says I have to by the game again.I have tried to login and out of MS store, on my computer account, on xbox.com, in the minecraft luncher, minecraft.net and sign in again and...
  7. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.: I owned HP smart before I reinstalled my Windows. After approximately a year I needed the app again. When I open the store and type in HP smart it says I already own the app. When I push the button to install, it does nothing. I tried the following advice I found in this...
  8. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.: I owned HP smart before I reinstalled my Windows. After approximately a year I needed the app again. When I open the store and type in HP smart it says I already own the app. When I push the button to install, it does nothing. I tried the following advice I found in this...
  9. Microsoft store says I already own the app HP smart but I don't.

10. Microsoft store says i already own the app

Microsoft store says i already own the app: I installed instagram app a few months back. And i didn't get notification for updates, so i uninstalled the app from Settings. There, i uninstalled the app. Later, i tried to re-install it from the Microsoft Store. It says, i already own the app and on its right there is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store app says i dont own the game but the website does

2. microsoft store says im not connect