Windows 10: Microsoft Store Search displaying incorrect results

Discus and support Microsoft Store Search displaying incorrect results in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello All, When I search for an app in the Microsoft Store, incorrect results are displayed. For example, from the Home tab if I search for iTunes,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by StevieCZ, Feb 7, 2019.

1. StevieCZ Win User

Microsoft Store Search displaying incorrect results

Hello All,

When I search for an app in the Microsoft Store, incorrect results are displayed.

For example, from the Home tab if I search for iTunes, the results displayed are only for Books and Movies, even though the Type dropdown shows "All Types".

Opening the Store app settings and resetting the app works to fix the problem momentarily.

The image below shows the search for iTunes after the reset.

Microsoft Store Search displaying incorrect results [​IMG]

The image below shows the issue after a few searches

Microsoft Store Search displaying incorrect results 86250645-1bdc-4db0-a74a-03950fd141d1?upload=true.png Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

StevieCZ, Feb 7, 2019

2. Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Incorrect language is getting displayed in the search results.

Original Title: Incorrect language in search results.

I bought a new PC with pre-installed Japanese Windows 10.

So then i changed my system language to russian, but search results come only in japanese. And even if i click on them it wouldn't show me anything and goes "Search results aren't quite ready yet" forever. What should i do to make Windows display correct search
    result with correct language?

ArtyshMunzuk, Feb 7, 2019
  4. NovatoN Win User

Windows 10 not displaying search results for indexed shortcuts in a folder.

Thanks Deepika,

I had tried running this troubleshooter before, but I've just run it again with "Files don't appear in search results" and "My problem isn't listed above" ticked, and it comes up with "Issue not present" against all potential issues, and "Troubleshooting
    couldn't identify the problem", even after troubleshooting as an administrator.

I'd be glad of any other suggestions please!

NovatoN, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store Search displaying incorrect results - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Search

2. Microsoft store displays no results when filtering by department

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store displays no results when filtering by department: It displays apps normally when the “Departments” option is set to “All Departments”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-displays-no-results-when-filtering/cba11070-ca91-4ab8-8c33-ebd5b2aefb2b
  3. Microsoft store displays no results when filtering by department

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store displays no results when filtering by department: It displays apps normally when the “Departments” option is set to “All Departments”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-displays-no-results-when-filtering/cba11070-ca91-4ab8-8c33-ebd5b2aefb2b
  4. Microsoft store displays no results when filtering by department

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results: Certain programs on seem to have broken search results. There are many examples on my PC but I will use GIMP to explain the issue. As seen below the ""best match"" provides me with a broken result. I cannot open this item, Right click this item, or interact with it in any...
  6. Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results: Certain programs on seem to have broken search results. There are many examples on my PC but I will use GIMP to explain the issue. As seen below the ""best match"" provides me with a broken result. I cannot open this item, Right click this item, or interact with it in any...
  7. Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Most stock Store apps displayed as "ms-resource:AppName" in search results

in Cortana
    Most stock Store apps displayed as "ms-resource:AppName" in search results: For many months now, I noticed that the standard windows Calculator app, which I use often, no longer was displayed as "Calculator" in the search results, but as "ms-resource:AppName". It didn't bother me too much since I could still type "calc" or rather, the German...
  9. No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.

in Windows 10 Support
    No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.: I got the free Windows 10 upgrade yesterday and everything seemed to work really well until I tried using the Search Bar. The problem is that although search results are returned (The indexing seems to be correct) the images displayed under the Photos section are mostly...
  10. Search does not display any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search does not display any results: The title says everything. I rebuilt the index, moved it to another disk, rebuilt again without any result: no results in the search window. Cortana is off and web searching is off. Even if web searching is on, there are no search results in the window. This has never...