Windows 10: Microsoft Store showing old product license

Discus and support Microsoft Store showing old product license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had Windows 10 Pro volume license. After the first Windows setup, that license associated the motherboard. When I setup Windows again it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Umut [ ], Dec 19, 2020.

1. Umut [ ] Win User

Microsoft Store showing old product license

I had Windows 10 Pro volume license. After the first Windows setup, that license associated the motherboard. When I setup Windows again it is activating automatic. I do not want it. Recently, I found Windows 10 Home Retail product license, that is never used. It is working but Microsoft Store doesn't show, only showing past usage. Any product license never linked to any Microsoft account. I mean I want fresh start, I do not want to see past usage without Microsoft Store's Hide option.

Microsoft Store showing old product license 47631969-302b-403e-b458-2e0c54eb6338?upload=true.png

:)

Umut [ ], Dec 19, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

delete license

Maybe you could tell us what you are trying to accomplish?

1. The use of a product key for Windows 10 is to establish the license for Windows 10. Once the license is established with a product key, it is stored on Microsoft Activation servers for that edition of Windows and that specific computer. You can't do anything to delete the digital license for a computer because it is stored on Microsoft Activation servers that you do not have access to.

2. You can check for a Windows product key stored in UEFI or BIOS by using Showkey Plus:
    ShowKeyPlus

3. I don't think you can open a Command Prompt (Admin) from powershell, but I might be wrong. Just click the start icon and start typing command. Command Prompt will appear at the top of the list, and in the options to the right of the list will be Run As Administrator. Click on Run as Administrator.

Microsoft Store showing old product license [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Dec 19, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store showing old product license

Remove Key License from old Motherboard

• If your copy of Windows 10 is OEM( came preinstalled on the computer it can not be transferred. The License died with the old motherboard. If it is retail (bought from Microsoft store or another Retailer ) it can be transferred. If you still have issues
      I would contact Microsoft support and they will help activate.

richard000000001, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store showing old product license

1. Microsoft Store showing old product license - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store showing

2. bought Windows10 at Microsoft store did not get a product key or digital license or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought Windows10 at Microsoft store did not get a product key or digital license or...: We are all just lost in the details. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-windows10-at-microsoft-store-did-not-get-a/8974bc7f-222f-4949-91ae-c4f4af8c06c4
  3. bought Windows10 at Microsoft store did not get a product key or digital license or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bought Windows10 at Microsoft store did not get a product key or digital license or...: We are all just lost in the details. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-windows10-at-microsoft-store-did-not-get-a/8974bc7f-222f-4949-91ae-c4f4af8c06c4
  4. bought Windows10 at Microsoft store did not get a product key or digital license or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Store showing old product license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Store showing old product license: Hello. I had Windows 10 Pro volume license. After the first Windows setup, that license associated the motherboard. When I setup Windows again it is activating automatic. I do not want it. Recently, I found Windows 10 Home Retail product license, that is never used. It is...
  6. Microsoft Store Buying product issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store Buying product issue: [ATTACH] Lately I've been playing some Game Pass games and mostly Sea of Thieves. Then, I wanted to buy "Ancient Coins" (an in-game coin) which were only purchasable by Microsoft Store. Everything was proceeding normally, until after I typed my PIN and when I was going to...
  7. Some questions about Licensing of Microsoft products

Some questions about Licensing of Microsoft products: 1. What service in Windows Server need Client Access LicenseCAL? 1.1. For example, if a company setup 2 Windows ServerWinSvr to be domain controller, and there are 10 users and 15 PCs in this domain. How many CAL is needed? 1.2. If a company use IIS on WinSvr to build a...
  8. Microsoft store OEM license or Retail license

Microsoft store OEM license or Retail license: Is the Windows 10 USB product on the microsoft store an OEM license or a Retail license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-oem-license-or-retail-license/46f89348-83e1-42ae-9596-da45958257ca
  9. Microsoft Office 2013 too many old computers have same license or Product KEY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office 2013 too many old computers have same license or Product KEY: Issue I have a copy of 2013 Microsoft Office 2013 It was purchased in 2013 through an employer employee offer Issue, since 2013 I have had a series of bad luck Floods ruined several computers electrical overloads due to lightning strikes burnt out computers and more...
  10. Purchasing a product from the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchasing a product from the microsoft store: I tried purchasing Microsoft Office 365 but it is not accepting Guam as the location address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchasing-a-product-from-the-microsoft-store/72c8aea6-c559-4811-baa5-773d0bc6b092"