Windows 10: Microsoft Store shows updates for disabled software

Discus and support Microsoft Store shows updates for disabled software in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I'm on a HP laptop and I had disabled most of the bloatware which came with it. Stuff like games and some absolutely ridiculous... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Sachit Rathi, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store shows updates for disabled software

Hey everyone,

I'm on a HP laptop and I had disabled most of the bloatware which came with it. Stuff like games and some absolutely ridiculous software. Since I removed these software's, I thought I wouldn't get updates for them through the Microsoft Store but I still do recieve updates which go away when I update them. This has been annoying me and I was wondering if there's a solution towards this. An official way or through some cmd code or through powershell.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

:)

Sachit Rathi, Apr 9, 2019

2. App disappeared from Microsoft store

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Which security software is installed in the computer?
    Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to clear the Store cache and check if the issue persists.

Press Windows key + R

Type wsreset.exe and press OK

Step 2: Disable the security software and check.

Important: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Also, I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check.
    Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft Store error code Code: 0x80131500

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Microsoft Store. We will look into this. Please reply to the following questions:

• Is the Norton Antivirus still installed on the system?

We are unable to see the screenshot that you have included, I would suggest you to share the screenshot again so that we can view it for you. Please refer
    how to include a screenshot in your postto
    upload the screenshot.

Note: Make sure you don’t capture any personal information while taking the screenshot.

If Norton Antivirus is still installed, I suggest you to disable Norton Antivirus and check if you are able to open Microsoft Store. Please follow the steps from

Turn off Norton
    to disable Norton Antivirus.

Note: If you disable the security software, the system might be temporarily exposed to security threats and risks. Please make sure to turn it on after performing the steps.

In the meantime, you can follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Fix Store launch

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 2: Sign out and sign in to Store

1. Type Store in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select the Store icon from the search result.
    3. Click on the ellipsis on the top right corner of the window.
    4. Logout from the Store and login with the same
      Microsoft account.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store shows updates for disabled software

Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store shows updates for disabled software

1. Microsoft Store shows updates for disabled software - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store shows

2. Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software: Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-chrome-opening-showing-error-related-to/b81b2e2f-71c6-46f1-8f26-1296fb7b57e3
  3. Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software: Problem in Chrome Opening, showing error related to Microsoft Store Software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-chrome-opening-showing-error-related-to/b81b2e2f-71c6-46f1-8f26-1296fb7b57e3
  4. Disabled Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabled Microsoft Store.: I disabled Microsoft Store last year, and forgot what I did, or how to re-enable it. I use a pretty shitty laptop, so I disabled a few things for "increased performance", but I want to use it again. Any time I attempt to launch Microsoft store, nothing happens (obviously)....
  5. A code to Update a Software in Microsoft Store using cmd

A code to Update a Software in Microsoft Store using cmd: I want to automate my Microsoft store Updates or Xbox software for pc updates (Microsoft Gaming App called Xbox). SO I want to know how to do that via a command in cmd so I can give it to task scheduler and make it happen. Note: I almost know nothing about codes and cmd so...
  6. Microsoft Store disabled?

Microsoft Store disabled?: [ATTACH] I had to reinstall Windows 10 entirely and now my Microsoft Store is dead. There's no way of reinstalling it either. I already downloaded every single update available. I tried terminating the program and restarting it, nothing works. And I also have this weird...
  7. Microsoft Store showing updates when no updates are available

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store showing updates when no updates are available: When I open the Microsoft Store, it shows the number of updates available at the top. When I click on it, it shows the available updates in the list. But when I click on the Get Updates button, it says that no updates are available. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. disable microsoft store

disable microsoft store: how do I disable microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-microsoft-store/f4fff63e-466a-44a8-85e9-6dbc38b3db9b"
  9. Download Software at Microsoft Store

Download Software at Microsoft Store: Dear, i bought affinity photo at Window store, but the download file still no responding. please help. Regards Ari https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-software-at-microsoft-store/b95eb8e5-5bcd-43da-af47-fb87d91db27f"
  10. Finding software in Microsoft Store

in Browsers and Email
    Finding software in Microsoft Store: Presently on Windows 10 Google Chrome does not work (does crazy things). I understand that Google submitted Chrome to Microsoft and is somewhere in the Microsoft store. As far as I can see there is no search function in the Microsoft store. How would I find Google Chrome in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store windows update is disabled