Windows 10: Microsoft Store slow download

Discus and support Microsoft Store slow download in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have 1G internet and of course it does not always download at that speed, usually much slower but when I'm downloading from the Microsoft store I can... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ChickenNugget24, May 25, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store slow download

I have 1G internet and of course it does not always download at that speed, usually much slower but when I'm downloading from the Microsoft store I can only average at about 2 Mbps where on steam ill sit at around 300. Done speed tests, reset the store, and done that thing in the Windows power shell.

:)

ChickenNugget24, May 25, 2020

2. Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, May 25, 2020
  3. ReubenFaleiro, May 25, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Store slow download

Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Thank you for your reply.

Some users have reported that they're experiencing some computer issues after installing KB4074588. In this case, we suggest uninstalling the said update by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Update & security.
    • Click Update history.
    • Under Update history, click Uninstall updates.
    • Highlight KB4074588, then click Uninstall (beside Organize).

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store slow download

1. Microsoft Store slow download - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store slow

2. Slow download speeds from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Slow download speeds from Microsoft Store: I have this issue where the Microsoft Store doesn't use even half of my bandwidth. I have tested this out multiple times where I download something on the Epic Games Store and get 70MB/s, but seconds later, I only get 35MB/s with the Xbox Gaming App/MS Store. I have looked at...
  3. Slow download speed on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow download speed on Microsoft store: Some reason i have slow download speeds only on the Microsoft Store. I have already made it so it doesn't limit download speed but it still is half of what i get on steam. Can someone please tell me why? submitted by /u/Audio_Donut [link] [comments]...
  4. Microsoft Store Incredibly SLOW DOWNLOAD

Microsoft Store Incredibly SLOW DOWNLOAD: I've tried everything, I've spent days trying to download new updates in the store. My windows is up to date however I wasn't able to update windows automatically I did it manually by downloading the failed updates here https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ I did every...
  5. Microsoft Store download slows down to nothing

Microsoft Store download slows down to nothing: Over the past 2 months I've had an issue with my Microsoft store Downloads. When the download starts it has a reasonable speed but slowly degrades to downloading nothing at all. I've tried many of the solutions across the forum for "Slow downloads" but have not had any of...
  6. Slow Download speed from microsoft store

Slow Download speed from microsoft store: Trying to download metro exodus off gamepass ultimate. Internet is from MBC and speed should be GB. only getting 10 mb/s from the store. speed test shows > 130 mb/s down. tried resetting the cache and setting the background limit to 100%. Anyone have a fix for this issue?...
  7. Microsoft store slow download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store slow download: I just downloaded destiny 2 on steam in 30mins and destiny 2 is a 140gb game. Sea of thieves is only 44 but its taking more than 26hours to get to 8gb out of 44.32 gb. I have looked at every microsoft tutorial to fix it but nothing works. I have tried everything...
  8. Microsoft Store slow download speed

Microsoft Store slow download speed: As title says. I have done a speedtest showing 40 Mb/s download, but nothing I seem to do (yes have signed out, updated windows, reset and restarted the store, set my bandwidth limit to 100% in delivery optimisation etc etc) will boost it above like 10 Mb/s, there have been...
  9. Slow download speed on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow download speed on Microsoft store: I am on windows 10 1903 and trying to download a game from the windows store and i am download getting download speed of about 15 Mbps. While on Origin , Steam or Epic i get download speeds of about 70 Mbps. I have tried editing the group policy , setting the download mode...
  10. Microsoft Store Download Speed Painfully Slow

Microsoft Store Download Speed Painfully Slow: I'm just trying to download Minecraft and i'm going on to over a week of downloading for a 1GB game. It's not my internet as I have well over 700 Mbps. Is there any reason for this?...