Windows 10: Microsoft store spams start menu

Discus and support Microsoft store spams start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I recently did a fresh install of windows 10, so I had to re-download and installed Forza Horizon 4 (Ultimate edition) But now every single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/telegramdown, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Microsoft store spams start menu

Microsoft store spams start menu 9NyIQyejQ5M9mJbWJy3epgWv6KaZk0aln6yqsfJamY8.jpg

I recently did a fresh install of windows 10, so I had to re-download and installed Forza Horizon 4 (Ultimate edition)
    But now every single piece of DLC has its own icon in the start menu!On windows 10 20H2

note: these are not pinned icons, this is the normal list of icons but only the game is supposed to show up there, not the DLCs

https://preview.redd.it/o4ys3w1u4d5...bp&s=5f7411452c7e18fd9185d6fc565ecfd18dd68192

submitted by /u/telegramdown
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/telegramdown, Dec 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Dec 15, 2020
  3. harrymc Win User
    Missing icons for Trusted Microsoft Store Apps in Start Menu search and taskbar

Below are some troubleshooting steps in ascending order of severity.
    Before starting, take careful backups including a system image.
    I suggest using for that
    AOMEI Backupper Standard Free.
    Create also the AOMEI boot CD or USB and test that it can boot and can see
    both your system disk and the disk where the image backup is stored.

To reinstall all Store apps for the current account :

1. Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator
    2. Copy and paste the command below in PowerShell, and press Enter

3. Wait for this to finish and reboot.

If this does not work, Windows is in bad shape.
    Start by checking the integrity of system files :

1. Open an elevated Command Prompt (cmd) or an elevated Windows PowerShell.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, execute the command below :

3. Reboot

If this does not help, follow the steps outlined in the article

How to Repair Windows 10 Image using DISM.

If the problem is still there, we start getting into the heavy stuff.
    Execute
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade.

harrymc, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Microsoft store spams start menu

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store spams start menu

1. Microsoft store spams start menu - Similar Threads - Microsoft store spams

2. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu: Hello,I tried to uninstall a Microsoft Store App Minecraft Launcher.After I could not uninstall this app via right-click > Uninstall > Uninstall, I tried this via the "App Settings". Both attempts failed.I can no longer run/launch Minecraft Launcher, but it remains in the...
  3. Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Microsoft Store App Remains In Start Menu: Hello,I tried to uninstall a Microsoft Store App Minecraft Launcher.After I could not uninstall this app via right-click > Uninstall > Uninstall, I tried this via the "App Settings". Both attempts failed.I can no longer run/launch Minecraft Launcher, but it remains in the...
  4. Removing spam from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing spam from Start Menu: What do I have to do to remove the spam from the Start Menu. I keep asking and it keeps not being an option.And if it can't be done. show me in the code why or else you all are being lazy and not giving me the answers....
  5. Removing spam from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing spam from Start Menu: What do I have to do to remove the spam from the Start Menu. I keep asking and it keeps not being an option.And if it can't be done. show me in the code why or else you all are being lazy and not giving me the answers....
  6. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu: I want to remove this either through registry or through GPO so it does not display as a tile. I logged in with local admin credentials and unpinned it but still it appears for other users .I want only Microsoft Edge to appear and not the STORE....
  7. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu: I want to remove this either through registry or through GPO so it does not display as a tile. I logged in with local admin credentials and unpinned it but still it appears for other users .I want only Microsoft Edge to appear and not the STORE....
  8. Microsoft Store Spam Reload/Open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Spam Reload/Open: So i just bought a new laptop, and im setting it up with all the games i play, one of them includes minecraft. So i go on the minecraft site and download the installer etc, and then i go ahead and download it. I get through the first step and then it opens up the launcher but...
  9. Microsoft Store Spam Reload/Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Spam Reload/Open: So i just bought a new laptop, and im setting it up with all the games i play, one of them includes minecraft. So i go on the minecraft site and download the installer etc, and then i go ahead and download it. I get through the first step and then it opens up the launcher but...
  10. Microsoft Store Spam Reload/Open