Windows 10: Microsoft Store spinning wheels, Store can't connect

Discus and support Microsoft Store spinning wheels, Store can't connect in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi All. I have a problem where I can't download from the Microsoft store. Updates and new apps only show a spinning circle. I am testing for flight... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ozpolonski, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store spinning wheels, Store can't connect

Hi All.

I have a problem where I can't download from the Microsoft store. Updates and new apps only show a spinning circle. I am testing for flight simulator and that hangs at the activation stage too. No internet activity is seen whilst it's supposedly trying to connect.

I believe I had a virus. Avast and Malware Bytes seem to have gotten rid of it, but there are left over effects.

So here are the things I have already tried:

Disable the antivirus, completely disable the firewall. Still no connection.

There is nothing that would block this in the 'hosts' file just to be sure.

Run troubleshooters:

Because I thought the firewall had been messed up

WindowsFirewall.diagcab

Then it was suggested this troubleshooter could help

Appsdiagnostic10.diagcab

Both had no effect.

Then it was suggested I run in an elevated CMD prompt at this article:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/0648a259-1f18-47ee-9a45-fa192d00787b

SFC /Scannow

and DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

They both still have not fixed the problem.

MS Poweruser suggested:

https://mspoweruser.com/solution-windows-store-not-working-windows-10/

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Lastly I have tried to run WSReset from an elevated CMD prompt. This hangs, just like the spinning wheel in the store or the sim alpha. After a long time CTRL+C to cancel it and closed the CMD prompt.

The only solution someone has had that worked here is to reinstall windows. I'm trying to avoid that, but may be the only option left...

Thanks in advance!

:)

ozpolonski, Jul 16, 2020
  2. DavidL61 Win User

Windows Store Just a spinning wheel

Downloaded Windows 10. Everything seems to work fine except Store. When I click on it, the screen for it immediately closes or the wheel spins continuously. Any ideas?

Thanks

DavidL61, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Windows Store Just a spinning wheel

Hi,
    DavidL61
    . Can you try any of the troubleshooting steps below? Let us know how it goes.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to reset Windows store cache memory and check if it helps. You can follow the steps to do so:

• On the desktop screen, press Windows and R key to open run box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

Method 2:

Run the following PowerShell script to re-register the new Store and check if that helps you.:

• In the Search box, type CMD
    • Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
    • In the command prompt, enter the following command:
      • PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage - DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    Regards,

#OneMSFT

periwinkle_28, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store spinning wheels, Store can't connect

Microsoft Store is not working.

When I select the Windows Store icon -the application wheel just spins...nothing happens and I can't access the store.

sherricollier, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store spinning wheels, Store can't connect

1. Microsoft Store spinning wheels, Store can't connect - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store spinning

2. Microsoft Store will not load, it opens and the wheel spins till it crashes. if possible,...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store will not load, it opens and the wheel spins till it crashes. if possible,...: as described above, i have issues running microsoft store. i have done every fix i can find, even from similar threads. cmd, powershell, mediacreation, im at a loss. there is no error message, i updated my pc even this was a hassle, had to go through microsoft website for my...
  3. Microsoft Store will not load, it opens and the wheel spins till it crashes. if possible,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store will not load, it opens and the wheel spins till it crashes. if possible,...: as described above, i have issues running microsoft store. i have done every fix i can find, even from similar threads. cmd, powershell, mediacreation, im at a loss. there is no error message, i updated my pc even this was a hassle, had to go through microsoft website for my...
  4. Microsoft Store will not load, it opens and the wheel spins till it crashes. if possible,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spinning MS Store

Spinning MS Store: I can only Spinning circle in my MS Store and nothing more. I dont have text or apps in this application. I want to look for application that I can download like games or any useful apps and I want to do it on MS Store but it is not working. Help me....
  6. Spinning MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spinning MS Store: I can only Spinning circle in my MS Store and nothing more. I dont have text or apps in this application. I want to look for application that I can download like games or any useful apps and I want to do it on MS Store but it is not working. Help me....
  7. Spinning MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Rewards Spinning Wheel

Microsoft Rewards Spinning Wheel: Is the Microsoft Rewards Spinning Wheel a scam or no? I spent 10,000 points on it and all I got was a measly 50 points. I mean, do I have to spend 1,000,000 points to get the Laptop???...
  9. Can't connect to Microsoft store

Can't connect to Microsoft store: No way to connect every time I try Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-microsoft-store/450af8dd-583b-4256-9eb0-5c01d16329a5
  10. spinning blue wheel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    spinning blue wheel: this spinning blue wheel is driving me nuts is there an easy way for someone who is not computer literate to stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-blue-wheel/6bf4d66d-141a-4c49-8ae9-bf791341df8f"