Windows 10: Microsoft Store stops working after linking my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Microsoft Store stops working after linking my Microsoft Account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I just built a new PC and after setting up windows from a USB drive, I am not able to use the Microsoft Store App. Every time I attempt to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Pyfs, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Pyfs Win User

Microsoft Store stops working after linking my Microsoft Account

Hello,

I just built a new PC and after setting up windows from a USB drive, I am not able to use the Microsoft Store App. Every time I attempt to open it, it starts up with the windows bag logo, and the next second it just closes. I have tried many of the solutions on here but to no avail. I was able to get around it by creating a local account, but after deleting the original and signing and switching everything else over, after a computer reset, the store goes dead yet again.

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

Edit: I am on Windows 10 Pro

:)

2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store stops working after linking my Microsoft Account

App store and Microsoft account

You need Gmail account to access play store likewise you need Microsoft account to access Microsoft Account. Though there is some work around but i would suggest you to Change your Password to something much less complicated but Strong.

Windows10users, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store stops working after linking my Microsoft Account

1. Microsoft Store stops working after linking my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store stops

2. My microsoft store has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft store has stopped working: My Microsoft store has stopped working as well as store apps like notepad, photos, etc. Also when I run a particular troubleshooter I get an error message of "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is...
  3. My microsoft store has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft store has stopped working: My Microsoft store has stopped working as well as store apps like notepad, photos, etc. Also when I run a particular troubleshooter I get an error message of "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is...
  4. my microsoft store stopped working and disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft store stopped working and disappeared: My Microsoft Store suddenly stopped working. I restarted it from the apps section, but not only does Microsoft not open anymore, but there is no Microsoft in the apps section. Windows default apps are also get broke one by one, and when I restart them, they also disappear. I...
  5. my microsoft store stopped working and disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my microsoft store stopped working and disappeared: My Microsoft Store suddenly stopped working. I restarted it from the apps section, but not only does Microsoft not open anymore, but there is no Microsoft in the apps section. Windows default apps are also get broke one by one, and when I restart them, they also disappear. I...
  6. my microsoft store stopped working and disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can not link my windows 10 pc to my microsoft account after signing into microsoft store

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not link my windows 10 pc to my microsoft account after signing into microsoft store: My friend who signed into microsoft store on my windows 10 pc has my windows 10 pc appear on her https://account.microsoft.com/devices.But when I sign into microsoft store on the same windows 10 pc, and I go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices and log into my account and...
  8. Microsoft Store stopped working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store stopped working: The issue occurred yesterday and I don’t know its reason. I cannot open the Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-stopped-working/1172e3da-2749-462f-a5d5-9332c4c9c085
  9. Microsoft Store stopped working

Microsoft Store stopped working: In the past few days To Do stopped working on my Windows 10 PC. In the process of trying to fix it I discovered that Windows Store isn't working and that's preventing me from repairing/reinstalling To Do. Any help please?...
  10. Microsoft Store app link not working

Microsoft Store app link not working: I have had to do a fresh clean install of windows 10. Windows is working & i can run some of my other programs. Microsoft Store icon/link will not work it is showing on the start menu with a white line underneath it, along with the calculator , calendar, office, mail,...