Windows 10: Microsoft Store stuck on "Starting Download..."

Discus and support Microsoft Store stuck on "Starting Download..." in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Like the title says. I've looked at a few other posts but nothing has worked so far. I have scanned for malware and viruses, tried troubleshooting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TSIFrosty, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store stuck on "Starting Download..."

Like the title says. I've looked at a few other posts but nothing has worked so far. I have scanned for malware and viruses, tried troubleshooting it and restarted my PC to see if anything went through. Just not sure what else to do to get it working again.

submitted by /u/TSIFrosty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TSIFrosty, Apr 16, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows Store App stuck downloading but when refreshed changes amount downloaded.

Hi,

One possible reason why your download is stuck may be due to a corrupted file. We suggest that you try the following steps below:

Method 1: Sign out/sign in

• Open the Windows Store app.
    • Click on the account logo in the upper-right corner of the app, then click on your account name.
    • Click on you account name in the new box, then click Sign out.
    • Click on the icon in the upper-right corner again, then click Sign in and choose your account name again.

Method 2: Reset Windows Store cache

• Click Start, then type wsreset and select wsreset.
    • When the Store app opens, see if your downloads are working.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, May 23, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store stuck on "Starting Download..."

Unable to install apps Stuck at Starting Download

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issues.
    Follow these steps to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2

You may try to reset the Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run window.
    • Type wsreset.exe.
    • Press OK.
    Method 3

Check if the Date, time and Time zone is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Right Click on System Tray.
    • Click Adjust date and time button.
    • Click Change to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Also refer:

Attempts to download apps from the Store are stuck at “Pending”

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store stuck on "Starting Download..."

1. Microsoft Store stuck on "Starting Download..." - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store stuck

2. Microsoft Store download stuck on Starting Download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store download stuck on Starting Download: On a new Surface Pro 8, my Microsoft Store is stuck on a download of Photos Media Engine Add-On. In the library, it shows as Starting Download and other apps are now only Pending. I cannot cancel the download. I have cleared my cache and rebooted several times. Nothing has...
  3. Microsoft Store download stuck on Starting Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store download stuck on Starting Download: On a new Surface Pro 8, my Microsoft Store is stuck on a download of Photos Media Engine Add-On. In the library, it shows as Starting Download and other apps are now only Pending. I cannot cancel the download. I have cleared my cache and rebooted several times. Nothing has...
  4. Microsoft Store download stuck on Starting Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store stuck when starting download and pending

Microsoft Store stuck when starting download and pending: I decided to uninstall and reinstall the Minecraft game, but now I can't even reinstall the game. In Microsoft Store, when I try to install the game and other applications it crashes when starting the download. I rebooted my router and ruled that my connection is not the...
  6. Microsoft Store stuck when starting download and pending

Microsoft Store stuck when starting download and pending: I decided to uninstall and reinstall the Minecraft game, but now I can't even reinstall the game. In Microsoft Store, when I try to install the game and other applications it crashes when starting the download. I rebooted my router and ruled that my connection is not the...
  7. Microsoft Store stuck when starting download and pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft Store Stuck on Starting Download and Pending

Microsoft Store Stuck on Starting Download and Pending: Recently, I opened up my Minecraft and I realized that it was taking forever to load compared to how quickly it usually opens. After a couple tries, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game, but now I can't even reinstall the game. In the Microsoft Store, when I try to...
  9. Microsoft store downloads stuck at "Starting download"

Microsoft store downloads stuck at "Starting download": I have tried some options that were supposed to fix this issue, however it did not work, and i still have 2 downloads stuck. If you know a way to fix this your help would be appreciated....
  10. Microsoft Store app stuck at "starting download.."

Microsoft Store app stuck at "starting download..": My Sea of Thieves app is stuck at "starting Download", and it is not changing depending on what I do. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-stuck-at-starting-download/329ed037-7515-46a3-bdb6-e853ef5fcaf9"