Windows 10: Microsoft store takes forever to download

Discus and support Microsoft store takes forever to download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to download some games but it is taking forever. I can't believe it has download on 700kb in 1 hour. Anyone got a fix for this so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LBPaswan, Jan 26, 2020.

1. LBPaswan Win User

Microsoft store takes forever to download

I have been trying to download some games but it is taking forever. I can't believe it has download on 700kb in 1 hour. Anyone got a fix for this so please let me know.

:)

LBPaswan, Jan 26, 2020

2. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Microsoft store takes forever to download

Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

We would like to know what’s the result after running the apps troubleshooter. Please refer to this
    link
    if you wish to download the troubleshooter.

In case that the troubleshooter didn’t help on this matter, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store. Kindly follow the steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to run the command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try downloading the app again.
    Kindly keep us updated.

JohnMel And, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store takes forever to download

1. Microsoft store takes forever to download - Similar Threads - Microsoft store takes

2. Microsoft Store takes forever to prepare/download/install ANY app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store takes forever to prepare/download/install ANY app: I bought a new PC, everything fresh with Win11. I made all system updates, installed all the drivers everything on a brand new and working m2 ssd. Then i went to update all the apps and this is where the problem starts and i hope, no one will come and say i should repair and...
  3. Microsoft Store takes forever to prepare/download/install ANY app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store takes forever to prepare/download/install ANY app: I bought a new PC, everything fresh with Win11. I made all system updates, installed all the drivers everything on a brand new and working m2 ssd. Then i went to update all the apps and this is where the problem starts and i hope, no one will come and say i should repair and...
  4. Downloads folder taking forever to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder taking forever to load: Hello, I've been having a problem with my downloads folder ever since I got a new laptop.I've tried everything, I optimized it for general items, put it on read only, and the problem still occurs over and over....
  5. Downloads folder taking forever to load

Downloads folder taking forever to load: Hello, I've been having a problem with my downloads folder ever since I got a new laptop.I've tried everything, I optimized it for general items, put it on read only, and the problem still occurs over and over....
  6. Downloads folder taking forever to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. mp4 downloads take forever!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mp4 downloads take forever!: Hello. I have a 2020 Lenovo PC adn I'm trying to download short mp4 files but it takes up to 6 hours. If I play the mp4 before downloading it, it plays for a few seconds then loads for a few seconds, the plays for a few seconds etc.. Help!...
  8. Microsoft Store checking for updates is taking forever

Microsoft Store checking for updates is taking forever: On Netflix, I received error code U7111-1331 telling me to update my Netflix app in order to stream. I went to the Netflix page on the Microsoft Store but it gave me no option to update the app. So I clicked on Downloads and Updates, checked for updates, and it's taking...
  9. Regular Updates are taking FOREVER to download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regular Updates are taking FOREVER to download: Fresh brand new install of Windows 10 build 1809 17763.107. Several windows updates were detected. They all say Downloading 0% and that's where they've been for four days. I changed my active hours to 8:00 am to 9:00 am. I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter. The ONLY...
  10. Windows Updates Taking Forever to Download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates Taking Forever to Download: Is it just me, or are Windows 10 updates slowing down? Getting KB4051033 to download is like watching paint dry. I'm on a fibre network connection and Win 7 updates download like lightning, but Win 10 updates take forever. I've been sitting at 9% for the past half hour....