Windows 10: Microsoft Store "This app is not compatible with this device"...but it worked before!

Discus and support Microsoft Store "This app is not compatible with this device"...but it worked before! in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I've been frustrated after having to restore my PC to default. After restoring, I can no longer download apps in theMicrosoft Store. Apps that I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by stratocasterman90, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store "This app is not compatible with this device"...but it worked before!

Hello, I've been frustrated after having to restore my PC to default. After restoring, I can no longer download apps in theMicrosoft Store. Apps that I know have worked on my device before now have the "Free" or"Get" button is grayed out and an exclamation underneath says, "This app is not compatible with this device".

Really? Netflix isn't compatible on my $800 Dell laptop? Not even Twitter or iTunes?

Here's what I've tried, to no avail:

1. I tried clearing the Microsoft Store cache in Run with wsreset.exe, but this did nothing.

2. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Microsoft Store with PowerShell, nothing.

3. I tried some weird thing I saw in a YouTube video where you change the DNS server in the Properties of something don't remember exactly what, but it didn't work.

What else should I try? I can't really use my computer to its full potential now, especially since Apple has moved iTunes to be downloaded exclusively through Microsoft Store. None of the apps I used to use everyday can be downloaded and it's very frustrating. Help?

Windows 10 version 1511 - 64 bit

Dell Inspiron 13-7353

Intel i7-6500U CPU@2.50GHz 2.60GHz8GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Thanks!

Eric

:)

stratocasterman90, Jan 23, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 23, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Store "This app is not compatible with this device"...but it worked before!

Microsoft To-Do app coming to Mac App Store on June 17

Source: Microsoft To-Do on the Mac App Store

Brink, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store "This app is not compatible with this device"...but it worked before!

1. Microsoft Store "This app is not compatible with this device"...but it worked before! - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store app

2. Microsoft Store and apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and apps not working: SummaryI am a Windows 10 user. Everything was working fine until about 1 week ago. Now Microsoft Store and all associated apps have stopped working.DetailsThe first thing I noticed was Calculator app had stopped working. At first, that was the only thing malfunctioning. I...
  3. Microsoft Store and apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and apps not working: SummaryI am a Windows 10 user. Everything was working fine until about 1 week ago. Now Microsoft Store and all associated apps have stopped working.DetailsThe first thing I noticed was Calculator app had stopped working. At first, that was the only thing malfunctioning. I...
  4. App Not Compatible With Device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Not Compatible With Device.: Since I am using this computer at the moment I am trying to install apps on it but since this computer never got any updates (everytime this one is supposed to get an update there is a space related issue) but I get 'app is not compatible with this device'. 165083
  5. Microsoft Apps Store -- All Apps is not compatible

Microsoft Apps Store -- All Apps is not compatible: i see all the apps tagged as "This app is not compatible with this device". any apps i select on the apps store was having the "This app is not compatible with this device". my OS is Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586] 64 bit and has the latest updates. example:...
  6. Microsoft store apps are not compatible with my device

Microsoft store apps are not compatible with my device: My Microsoft store is not working after the window 10 update...i want install apps but apps are not compatible with my device.....how can i fix this? * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  7. Windows Store, Microsoft 10. "This app is not compatible with your device."

Windows Store, Microsoft 10. "This app is not compatible with your device.": I went to download netflix, though when I did it said that my computer was not compatible with it. I know that my computer can run more than just netflix but I need to know how to fix this glitch. For reference, my specs are Intel i7-3920 CPU, 3.61 GHz 12 GB of RAM 64-bit...
  8. this app does not work on your device Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this app does not work on your device Microsoft store: I bought the Xbox game pass but when trying to download the button cannot be clicked, and when i try to click it it says " make sure to connect your Microsoft account to this device" although i have them connected. I tried resetting the store, some command prompt commands...
  9. Microsoft Store This App is not compatible with this device

Microsoft Store This App is not compatible with this device: Ok so I get "This App is not compatible with this device" with every single app that is in the store. Problem is thought it was just the device I was using until I tried with another device. Device one. hp pavilion dv running windows 10 home, V1511 OS build 10586.0...
  10. Microsoft Store Apps are not working.

Microsoft Store Apps are not working.: I can't use, install or update any apps of Microsoft Store. It is showing windows update is disabled but my Windows Update is on. It is showing error Code: 0x80070422 Please help me. [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this app is not compatible in windows store

2. windows store this app is not compatible

3. this app is not compatible with this device

4. windows store not compatible with this device,
  5. microsoft store this app is not compatible with this device,
  6. windows store not compatible,
  7. this app not compatible with this device,
  8. apps not compatible with my device,
  9. this app is not compatible with this device windows store,
  10. This app is not compatible with your device Windows 10,
  11. this app is not compatible with your device wstore,