Windows 10: Microsoft Store Trying to Update non existent application.

Discus and support Microsoft Store Trying to Update non existent application. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In updating MS Visual Studio the MS page listed more items than I should have been able to update. One item was VS 2012 C++ UWP which my VS does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GlitchesBnb, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Microsoft Store Trying to Update non existent application.

In updating MS Visual Studio the MS page listed more items than I should have been able to update. One item was VS 2012 C++ UWP which my VS does not have. VS 2010 Windows update does not see this and does not try to update. Windows Store, on the other hand, sees this attempt to install it but does not see that I cancelled this package. It is trying to update this non existent package. I have tried clearing the windows store cache but it will still pop up after a while as a failed update. Nothing will install from windows store now. Nothing will install from the Xbox app, nor the xbox compani

:)

GlitchesBnb, Jan 13, 2022

2. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 13, 2022
  3. microsoft store errors

Hi,

The 0x87AF0001 is a common error in Windows Store, wherein it prevents you to download or update new or existing applications. To resolve this, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open the command prompt, and run it as an administrator.
    • Type the command: dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup.
    • Restart your device, and check if your query persists.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store Trying to Update non existent application.

Activity Reporting error non-existent device

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that a non-existent device is showing in the activity reporting. As you have mentioned that you have removed the device from Manage device limits for all family accounts, I suggest you to try removing the device from the child account
    and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to
      https://login.live.com
      with the child account.
    2. Click on Devices.
    3. Click on show details for the device that is non-existing.
    4. Click on More actions.
    5. Click on Remove PC.
    6. Click on I’m ready to remove this PC and click on
      Remove.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Store Trying to Update non existent application.

1. Microsoft Store Trying to Update non existent application. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Trying

2. Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.: A very long time ago I attempted to install a few of the Elder Scrolls games onto my computer from the Microsoft store onto my F drive which then 'installed' to this location: ' F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps '. I left them to install and they never opened whatsoever,...
  3. Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.: A very long time ago I attempted to install a few of the Elder Scrolls games onto my computer from the Microsoft store onto my F drive which then 'installed' to this location: ' F:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps '. I left them to install and they never opened whatsoever,...
  4. Microsoft store games taking up space with non-existent files + Support non functional.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How select non-Microsoft Store applications as the default apps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How select non-Microsoft Store applications as the default apps?: I have included some hyperlinks to local PDF files in an Excel spreadsheet, and it is defaulting to opening in Adobe Acrobat, when I need to open the PDFs in Revu Bluebeam, which is already setup as the default PDF application on my PC. I assume that the issue is that Excel...
  6. Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Interruption of being able to update existing non-Microsoft applications on Windows 10 Pro: Is anyone else having issues installing the latest versions/upgrading existing non-Microsoft apps on Windows10? Most recently, in the last three weeks or so, every time I try to installsuch a program or app updates, Windows notifies me via a pop-up dialogue box, that "It's...
  7. Trying to delete a non-existing folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to delete a non-existing folder: I need help so I've been trying to place my downloads somewhere else and instead, it became a file and I didn't really like that at all, when I reset it back to default it replace the file but the file shows still and the problem is I named my the folder "Files" so now there...
  8. Microsoft Store downloads blocked by non existant XBOX

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store downloads blocked by non existant XBOX: I have been trying to download the trial version of Blackvue Downloader Gizmo Coding‬ onto my DELL WIN10 laptop and I get the following nonsense response from the WIN10 store. Installing on your devices To download to your Xbox, it must be on or set to Instant-on, with...
  9. Windows Update trying to install drivers for non-existent devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update trying to install drivers for non-existent devices: Hi there, currently I have Windows 10 installed on an external SSD connected to my MacBook Pro, kinda like a Windows-To-Go installation. I've recently booted up the system on another PC for just a couple of minutes so there wasn't enough time for the system to install...
  10. Windows Update continually tries to install non-existing updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update continually tries to install non-existing updates.: How can I disable non existing updates that no longer exist on Microsoft Servers? Windows Update is kind of choking on them and has become sort of unreliable and non operable. KB833858, KB837253, KB911701, KB913471 - Error 0x80096004. The accepted solution is to...