Windows 10: Microsoft Store Unable To change DL Location

Discus and support Microsoft Store Unable To change DL Location in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Up until now as of this post the games I would download gave me the option to pick which drive I wanted to install on. Now for some reason I'm not able... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Greaper6674, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store Unable To change DL Location

Up until now as of this post the games I would download gave me the option to pick which drive I wanted to install on. Now for some reason I'm not able to. It will only let me use my c drive. Which isn't a huge ssd (I have only my os on). I have tried switching the default location to my other drives also tried resetting the app and restarting my pc. I don't know what happened between the time I could to now but it is very irritating. Also don't have any problem installing games to other drives with steam it just seems to be microsoft store.

:)

Greaper6674, Aug 28, 2019

2. Unable to change install location of apps for the store.

Hi Janson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about changing the downloaded files location, we will help you with this issue.

Steps to change location for downloaded files:

• Press Windows key form the keyboard, type Settings
      and select Settings.
    • Click on System, click on Storage from the left pane, choose appropriate location in
      New apps will save to under Save locations.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further assistance on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 28, 2019
  4. sam02 Win User

Microsoft Store Unable To change DL Location

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store Unable To change DL Location

1. Microsoft Store Unable To change DL Location - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Unable

2. Unable to change country/region in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to change country/region in Microsoft Store: I'm trying to buy Minecraft in Micrsoft store but the payment page is set automatically to US, which cannot be changed.All of my Microsoft accounts are already set to my region Australia, so none of them are incorrect. I am not able to figure out where the problem is. I have...
  3. Unable to change country/region in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change country/region in Microsoft Store: I'm trying to buy Minecraft in Micrsoft store but the payment page is set automatically to US, which cannot be changed.All of my Microsoft accounts are already set to my region Australia, so none of them are incorrect. I am not able to figure out where the problem is. I have...
  4. How to change location of microsoft store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change location of microsoft store apps: hi and how do i change location of microsoft store games to another drive my pc has 10gb free storage but in my other drive it has 540gb i want to change location to it but i cant cause theres only 10 gb left on my C drive i want to change it without downloading the file...
  5. Unable to change Documents Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change Documents Location: My Documents folder is currently mapped to a network attached storage drive that has been decommissioned. When I select Properties on the Documents folder and choose the Locations tab, I am unable to edit the path in the text field. In addition, the Restore Default, Move...
  6. Unable to dl Minecraft Windows 10

Unable to dl Minecraft Windows 10: Hello, I recently brought a new computer, it has windows 10, I am logged in my Microsoft account, but somehow I cannot download Minecraft from the store. Whenever I try to, nothing happens... I click again and again on the download button but nothing. Is there a solution to...
  7. Microsoft store installation unable to change disk.

Microsoft store installation unable to change disk.: Hello there,I've been meaning to install a Microsoft program onto my D disk.Problem is, my windows is downloaded onto my C disk, and therefore it automatically installs to the C disk.When I try and change the installation location to the D disk, when I press install, nothing...
  8. Unable to change app location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to change app location: [ATTACH] Hi guys, I have 3 drives in my PC, C: D: and F:. C is for Windows and Ubuntu, D: is for photos, videos, TV etc, and F: is for games. I recently had to do a clean install of Windows and as such, my files on C: are "new" and F: are "old". Because of that, I'm...
  9. Microsoft Store won't change download location

Microsoft Store won't change download location: Hello, I've been trying to download some games onto my laptop using the game pass. I have to put them onto my SD card D: drive as my system storage is mostly taken up by the OS. I've gone into settings > Storage > Change where new content is saved, and changed it to my SD...
  10. Change storage location of Microsoft Store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change storage location of Microsoft Store games: I know it is possible to change the default locations for apps from within the Storage menu in Settings, but is it possible to set the location for just the apps marked as Games? I use an other partition for games and want to keep things seperated and organized....