Windows 10: Microsoft Store Unable to Download or Update Anything

Discus and support Microsoft Store Unable to Download or Update Anything in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Within the past week or so, the Microsoft Store has been completely unable to download or update anything at all. This first cam to my attention when... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KylePolicht, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store Unable to Download or Update Anything

Within the past week or so, the Microsoft Store has been completely unable to download or update anything at all. This first cam to my attention when the Xbox App for PC wouldn't load in either, existing as nothing but a black window. I uninstalled the app, and went to download it again, only to discover that the entire page for Downloads and Updates on the Microsoft Store app simply would not come up whatsoever. The page it self is stuck in a state of loading like so:

Microsoft Store Unable to Download or Update Anything fb67a0be-e356-43d8-81de-19b5aa63bff4?upload=true.png

It is absolutely, and completely nonfunctional. Any attempt to to download from an app or product page is met with either a permanent hanging/freeze, or a simple failure to begin downloading. The Store app does not freeze, and I am able to exit the app normally.

I have not made any changes to my PC, or have installed any programs within the past months beyond video games. There is only one thing that does seem to fix the issue, although temporarily, and that is clearing the Store app cache. This seems to bring it back to normally and I am able to download without problems...for about 5 minutes until the issue comes back.

I would very much like some assistance with the problem.

:)

KylePolicht, Aug 30, 2020

2. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Unable to download from Windows Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• What is the actual issue you are facing?
    • Are you unable to download Apps from Windows Store?

Please provide us a screen shot of the issue if possible.

I suggest you to reset Windows Store by following the steps below and check if it helps.

Press “Windows key + R”, type “WSReset.exe” (without quotes) and press Enter.

Please revert with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store Unable to Download or Update Anything

Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

We would like to know what’s the result after running the apps troubleshooter. Please refer to this
    link
    if you wish to download the troubleshooter.

In case that the troubleshooter didn’t help on this matter, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store. Kindly follow the steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to run the command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try downloading the app again.
    Kindly keep us updated.

JohnMel And, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store Unable to Download or Update Anything

1. Microsoft Store Unable to Download or Update Anything - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Unable

2. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Roblox after a long time and it said "an error occurred on our side ." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following...
  3. Windows update failing and unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update failing and unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store: So, I've been facing couple of issues, with my system lately, and I do not the cause for it. 1. Windows Update stuck at "2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5032190" and giving me the "Something unexpected has happened" while trying...
  4. Windows update failing and unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update failing and unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store: So, I've been facing couple of issues, with my system lately, and I do not the cause for it. 1. Windows Update stuck at "2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5032190" and giving me the "Something unexpected has happened" while trying...
  5. Unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store!! Error: 0x80072xF78

Unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store!! Error: 0x80072xF78: Hello, I logged onto my computer today to play some video games with my friends, upon attempting to launch the game, I found that there been an error updating one of my games, I tried installing other apps from the store, and they all have the same error, code: 0x80072xF78....
  6. Unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store!! Error: 0x80072xF78

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download or update anything from Microsoft Store!! Error: 0x80072xF78: Hello, I logged onto my computer today to play some video games with my friends, upon attempting to launch the game, I found that there been an error updating one of my games, I tried installing other apps from the store, and they all have the same error, code: 0x80072xF78....
  7. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Asphalt 9 after a long time and it said "There has been an error." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following multiple...
  8. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Asphalt 9 after a long time and it said "There has been an error." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following multiple...
  9. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

10. Microsoft Store not downloading ANYTHING

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not downloading ANYTHING: I've tried every fix I could find on the internet, updated windows, reset my ip with a bunch of commands, reset store cache, ran apps troubleshooter, and nothing is working. The store wont download anything at all no matter what I do. I did a clean boot with nothing running...