Windows 10: Microsoft Store unilaterally decided to change the langagues of my APPS to ENGLISH

Discus and support Microsoft Store unilaterally decided to change the langagues of my APPS to ENGLISH in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have had a FRENCH account on Microsoft & Microsoft Store in FRENCH for years with my Main Laptop ... I just re-installed an old WIndows 10 secondary... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by EricPaul-Hus, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store unilaterally decided to change the langagues of my APPS to ENGLISH

I have had a FRENCH account on Microsoft & Microsoft Store in FRENCH for years with my Main Laptop ...
    I just re-installed an old WIndows 10 secondary Laptop in ENGLISH and downloaded 2 APPS : XBOX COMPANION & a Game ( Hidden City by G5) ...
    Following this My Microsoft Account was changed to ENGLISH along with my Microsoft Store interface ..
    I was able to put the FRENCH back into my MS Account ( via Billing info) but there is *NO WAY* to get the MicroSoft Store to display its interface in French and it downloads ENGLISH APPS *EVEN IF MY WINDOWS 10* is setup in FRENCH ...

Here are 3 ScreenShots

IN FRENCH in XBOX Profile
    Microsoft Store unilaterally decided to change the langagues of my APPS to ENGLISH 75058f3e-af9e-4cb5-98e2-6bebd492fc88?upload=true.png

I click on "Afficher dans le Store" (Display / Show in Store )
    IN FRENCH in My Account (all seems fine)
    Microsoft Store unilaterally decided to change the langagues of my APPS to ENGLISH d8b4861b-6238-4eb3-9cbb-adbc0b115405?upload=true.png

I click on INSTALL(er) to get a new Download for the Game in order to reinstall it with the proper language setting
    *BANG* Microsoft Store *stubbornly decides* to Switch in English:

Microsoft Store unilaterally decided to change the langagues of my APPS to ENGLISH 83d8c786-fcbd-4597-b3ce-05aa07c44bbb?upload=true.png

I am a bit desperate since the Game is Words based ... I spent months building a profile to higher levels and cannot simple "switch languages on the fly" ... It looks like my Connection with and English-enabled Laptop changed the Store Default Langague for my Account ...

Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email

:)

EricPaul-Hus, Dec 17, 2019

2. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 17, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store unilaterally decided to change the langagues of my APPS to ENGLISH

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store unilaterally decided to change the langagues of my APPS to ENGLISH

1. Microsoft Store unilaterally decided to change the langagues of my APPS to ENGLISH - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store unilaterally

2. my sign in button on microsoft store wasn't working so decided to look it up on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my sign in button on microsoft store wasn't working so decided to look it up on the...: please can somebody help me with it thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sign-in-button-on-microsoft-store-wasnt-working/3eccda26-8e70-4a26-94d9-9349e9a0dc36
  3. How to change location of microsoft store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change location of microsoft store apps: hi and how do i change location of microsoft store games to another drive my pc has 10gb free storage but in my other drive it has 540gb i want to change location to it but i cant cause theres only 10 gb left on my C drive i want to change it without downloading the file...
  4. My microsoft store app will not launch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My microsoft store app will not launch: my microsoft store app will not launch. Tried to reset it and it still will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-microsoft-store-app-will-not-launch/2b547fae-aef5-41c0-b764-a3b3c479114d
  5. Microsoft Store on W10 in French, not English

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store on W10 in French, not English: Hi. My Microsoft Store shows up in French, instead of English. How can this be changed? I read some others have this problem, e.g. in Switzerland where "Swiss French" comes before "Swiss German" and the Store simply picks the first language in the list. Seems as if this...
  6. Change the default login for Microsoft Store apps?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Change the default login for Microsoft Store apps?: Hello all. I'm having difficulties with my login credentials for apps from the Microsoft Store. When I first got this PC, I set up my Gmail account as the Administrator account. However my Xbox profile is set up with my Hotmail account. So when I open up apps from the app...
  7. typing in other langagues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    typing in other langagues: Hey, My pc won't let me download the Japanese language packs (not the main one, but the typing ones and the handwriting ones) and I really need them. It gives me error code 0x0 when I try to download them....
  8. change my language to english

in Windows 10 Customization
    change my language to english: please help me change my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-language-to-english/d5ff6360-849c-47db-8ca0-b9e41cd59a2c
  9. change my chinese language to english

change my chinese language to english: Im trying to change my Chinese system language into English... wont change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-my-chinese-language-to-english/fb1036ee-78ba-455e-a356-8d5d73ebf4ea
  10. How to Change App Language to English?

How to Change App Language to English?: Hi, I'm using Windows 10. For some reason the language for my default applications e.g. Mail, Photos (and even Skype) have been set to Japanese. How do I change it back to English? Thank you....