Windows 10: Microsoft Store Update causes Windows 10 Black Screen

Discus and support Microsoft Store Update causes Windows 10 Black Screen in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello,I am using Windows 10 for a very long time on my system but today, an Update came for Windows Store and I installed it. After installing the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by HassaanNaveed, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store Update causes Windows 10 Black Screen

Hello,I am using Windows 10 for a very long time on my system but today, an Update came for Windows Store and I installed it. After installing the update, I tried to open the Store but it does not open. So I decided to restart my system. After doing so, I just see a black screen immediately after login and no Desktop. I used Ctrl + Alt + Del and opened Taskmanager to check for issues. The Explorer.exe file was open and working but when I tried to restart it to get back the desktop, it does not do so. I have checked out many fixes but none work. Plz, anyone help me as I don't want to Reinstall

:)

HassaanNaveed, Aug 14, 2021

2. KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 14, 2021
  4. zplugger Win User

Microsoft Store Update causes Windows 10 Black Screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store Update causes Windows 10 Black Screen

1. Microsoft Store Update causes Windows 10 Black Screen - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Update

2. Windows Update KB5010386 causing Black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update KB5010386 causing Black screen.: After installing the update and restarting the computer black screen appears. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the update multiple times but the same thing happens. After the update if i boot into safe mode the taskbar doesn't appear. I tried many fixes that i found...
  3. Windows Update KB5010386 causing Black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update KB5010386 causing Black screen.: After installing the update and restarting the computer black screen appears. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the update multiple times but the same thing happens. After the update if i boot into safe mode the taskbar doesn't appear. I tried many fixes that i found...
  4. Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen: Hi,Some time ago, my computer wanted to perform a Windows feature update. After the update, when I tried to sign in, Windows took me to a black screen. All i could see is a cursor and a black screend. I tried looking up the issue to find a solution, but I couldn't follow any...
  5. Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen

Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen: Hi, Some time ago, my laptop wanted to perform a Windows feature update. After the update, when I tried to sign in, Windows took me to a black screen. I could see a cursor and a box in the corner labeled Personalized Settings but nothing else worked. I tried looking up the...
  6. updating windows 10 causes black screen

updating windows 10 causes black screen: When I try to update Windows 10 my PC never starts up and I get a black screen, if I move my mouse I can see the pointer and a loading symbol next to it. If I go into Safe Mode I can remove the last update and it fixes it. I have manually updated all my drivers and that still...
  7. Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen

Microsoft latest cumulative update caused black screen: Wednesday 2nd April downloaded KB 4535996 installed and when told do not switch off your PC reached 100% it went into a black screen from blue with white dotted circle whilst loading I have tried everything to return to normal. Contacted Microsoft technician told to contact...
  8. Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen: Hello, i just got the popup for the latest windows windows update and went ahead to update it. I let it run and update, although when i came back, i was greeted by a grey, blank screen. I assumed it was part of the update procedure, but after 30 mintues, I resorted to...
  9. Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update to Windows 10 that causes black screen: The issue with the update to Windows 10 that causes the screen on my Evoo Laptop, has it been fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-that-causes-black-screen/3258f535-1f59-4f36-97f6-b60f15ae0290
  10. Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop: Windows 10 May 2019 Update has a new issue with a small number of devices, specifically old monitors with outdated graphics drivers. We have spotted a number of posts on Microsoft’s own community forum and Feedback Hub made by users who have documented a black screen issue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store windows 10 white screen