Windows 10: Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.

Discus and support Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When I try to update one of the apps in Microsoft Store I regularly use in my laptop, MS somehow automatically gets other stuff that I never use! to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by D_Isolationist, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.

When I try to update one of the apps in Microsoft Store I regularly use in my laptop, MS somehow automatically gets other stuff that I never use! to update first. Like instead of updating the app I want, it pushes Cortana or Snip & Sketch or other apps to download their updates first which pauses the download for the one I want. And even if you pause them or stop them, they just pop right back and try to update again which pauses the download of the app I am actually updatingIn other app stores, updating apps is as straightforward as clicking "update" on the app's page. But on the Micro

:)

D_Isolationist, Apr 1, 2022

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Apr 1, 2022
  3. Playstore and wifi problems fails to update apps!

Have you tried updating your googleplay app, then test it again

micropage7, Apr 1, 2022
  4. RuskinF Win User

Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.

Microsoft Store not auto updating apps

Have you used this simple step to update the apps:

Turn on automatic app updates

1. Select the Start screen, then select Microsoft Store.
    2. In Microsoft Store at the upper right, select the account menu (the three dots) and then select Settings.
    3. Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to On.

RuskinF, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.

1. Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store updates

2. i want to download an app not in the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to download an app not in the microsoft store: i want to download an app not in the microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-download-an-app-not-in-the-microsoft/04f8eb7f-80c0-4b24-a5ab-dcc694e1eaa1
  3. i want to download an app not in the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to download an app not in the microsoft store: i want to download an app not in the microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-download-an-app-not-in-the-microsoft/04f8eb7f-80c0-4b24-a5ab-dcc694e1eaa1
  4. I don't want this update. please cancel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't want this update. please cancel: I don't want the windows 11 update on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-want-this-update-please-cancel/a0e0cbdc-1450-48ba-8c52-564a78d62b22
  5. I don't want this update. please cancel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want this update. please cancel: I don't want the windows 11 update on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-want-this-update-please-cancel/a0e0cbdc-1450-48ba-8c52-564a78d62b22
  6. I don't want this update. please cancel

7. Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.: When I try to update one of the apps in Microsoft Store I regularly use in my laptop, MS somehow automatically gets other stuff that I never use! to update first. Like instead of updating the app I want, it pushes Cortana or Snip & Sketch or other apps to download their...
  8. Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.

Microsoft Store updates apps I don't want to update, but not the app I actually want to update.: When I try to update one of the apps in Microsoft Store I regularly use in my laptop, MS somehow automatically gets other stuff that I never use! to update first. Like instead of updating the app I want, it pushes Cortana or Snip & Sketch or other apps to download their...
  9. automatic updates I don't ask for or WANT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    automatic updates I don't ask for or WANT: Not a question. Just figured out thought it a computer malfunctio that the out of focus login screen is an update. AN UPDATE??!! If I wanted a fuzzy out of focus login screen I would pick one! What stupid your curse word decided to add this as an UPDATE?! That is...
  10. No, I don't want to restart and update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No, I don't want to restart and update.: I got home today to find my computer stuck on an update that i did not schedule. It did 30% in an hour. Luckly it restarted and i was able to boot Linux, so I can at least get some work done, but I am LIVID. I just wasted an hour of my time. Am i not allowed to have control...