Windows 10: Microsoft Store updates not working + unable to install apps from store

Discus and support Microsoft Store updates not working + unable to install apps from store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've been having a persistent issue where the Microsoft Store will not download the new version of DirectX Runtime package as well as Microsoft Visual... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by dchemla, Jan 2, 2021.

1. dchemla Win User

Microsoft Store updates not working + unable to install apps from store

I've been having a persistent issue where the Microsoft Store will not download the new version of DirectX Runtime package as well as Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 package, Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 packages. My windows is updated, I have reset the store multiple times, checked for updates, uninstalled the store from Powershell and re-downloaded it but nothing seems to work. Because of this I can't install games that I have bought through the store and through Xbox Beta. Any ideas on how i can get this to work?

Thanks

:)

dchemla, Jan 2, 2021

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Unable to install apps from Windows 10 Store

I'm unable to install / update / repair any app from Win10 Store.
    I couldn't find any solutions, hence posting here.

This keeps happening despite repeatedly resetting Windows.
    Once I reset my PC, Store seems to work for about 1~2 days and then starts showing the following error msg:

[Image of error msg while installing any app through Windows 10 Store]

I followed what Microsoft suggested:

1. reset Windows 10 Store app through cmd and gui [both failed Microsoft Store updates not working + unable to install apps from store :(]
    2. almost every link suggested by Google (windows 10 store not working - Google Suche)
    3. Also contacted Microsoft Support as a last resort, but to no avail.

Lastly, I thought this was because of my University's restrictions on Win 10 education; however, other PCs & laptops [with same version of OS] don't seem to have this problem.

It is able to update Windows apps like Microsoft Office 360 and other system apps distributed through Win10 Store.

Has anyone else faced this problem before in any dist. of Windows 10? Did you find any solutions?

PC config details:

• Alienware Aurora R7
    • Win10 Education V1809
    • Intel Core i7-8700K @3.70 GHz
    • 32 G installed RAM
    • Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

user5229506, Jan 2, 2021
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store updates not working + unable to install apps from store - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store updates

2. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: The x box app wasn't opening for me and I tried to fix it but nothing worked. I uninstalled it and am trying to install it from the Microsoft store however it is not letting me. Every time I click install the store freezes. I tried to download the x box app from online and it...
  3. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: The x box app wasn't opening for me and I tried to fix it but nothing worked. I uninstalled it and am trying to install it from the Microsoft store however it is not letting me. Every time I click install the store freezes. I tried to download the x box app from online and it...
  4. Installation/Updation Of Apps From Microsoft Store Is Not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installation/Updation Of Apps From Microsoft Store Is Not Working: so here's the deal,I am unable to install/update anything from the Microsoft Store.Whenever I click on the button to install or update any application,it shows only till it is aqquiring license part,but dosen't go beyond that.What should I do?...
  5. Unable to install Apps From Microsoft Store

Unable to install Apps From Microsoft Store: Recently I ran a windows debloater script with uninstalled many windows default apps. But with this it also uninstalled "Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.5". Was Unable to install msix Bundle By Clicking Simply Clicking On it. Microsoft Store is also broken. I tried a lot of methods...
  6. Microsoft store unable to update/install apps

Microsoft store unable to update/install apps: My microsoft store has not been working since I factory reset my pc. I have tried reseting it and I have tried uninstalling and resintalling it using powershell but still whenever I try to update or download an app it starts downloading then says "Error" and tells me to...
  7. microsoft store and apps from store are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft store and apps from store are not working: HELLO I UPDATED WINDOWS 10 TO 2004 VERSION BUT AFTER UPDATING I CANT USE APPS FROM MICROSOFT STORE AND MICROSOFT STORE IS ALSO NOT LAUNCHING [ATTACH]...
  8. Unable to install apps from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install apps from microsoft store: Problem 1. I am trying to install apps from Microsoft store but, it is stuck on starting download. 2. The install button on some apps is ghosted or greyed out. 3. While on some apps clicking on install button does nothing. Things I've tried 1. Resetting store and it's...
  9. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: 've tried several times in the past 2 weeks but can no longer install apps from the Microsoft Store. Went into settings/apps/microsoft store/advanced options and reset the store. No effect. I can't use the store Please help...
  10. Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store

Unable to install apps from Microsoft Store: I've tried several times in the past 2 weeks but can no longer install apps from the Microsoft Store. Installed the patch Tuesday update this AM (v1903, build 17763.437). Went into settings/apps/microsoft store/advanced options and reset the store. No effect. I can't use the...