Windows 10: Microsoft Store Using SSD although i chose install to HDD.

Discus and support Microsoft Store Using SSD although i chose install to HDD. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So i got Xbox gamepass and start installing Forza Horizon 4, and chose it to install on my D: which is my hdd.but then whenever the game is installing... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Anudeep Reddy_247, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store Using SSD although i chose install to HDD.

So i got Xbox gamepass and start installing Forza Horizon 4, and chose it to install on my D: which is my hdd.but then whenever the game is installing my SSD usage increases for no reason refer to the image below Please help me. Thanks!

:)

Anudeep Reddy_247, Jun 20, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Store Games Crash When Installed On SSD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Have you installed Windows in SSD or in HDD?
    • How are you moving the applications to SSD?
    • What is the error code/message you get when the computer crashes?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Storeand see
    if that helps in resolving the issue.

You can also, download the Chipset and Storage drivers from the manufacturer website of the motherboard and update them.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 20, 2021
  3. OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Jun 20, 2021
  4. GJMBrooks Win User

Microsoft Store Using SSD although i chose install to HDD.

microsoft store install on external SSD

I spent some time with Microsoft support this morning. They told me that they think it is something to do with the SSD not allowing installation from the store. They suggested resetting and then an in-place reset. I'm awaiting the email with instructions.

If you don't mind, what legacy games from the store do you have on your SSD? I'm having an issue with ReCore as well and curious if you have that game and it's running.

GJMBrooks, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store Using SSD although i chose install to HDD.

1. Microsoft Store Using SSD although i chose install to HDD. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Using

2. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?: My Dell laptop is running very slow due to HDD that's why I have decided to install a SSD to boot my windows and other applications. But now I have problems with installation of windows in SSD. Please help me with this installation process ....
  3. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?: My Dell laptop is running very slow due to HDD that's why I have decided to install a SSD to boot my windows and other applications. But now I have problems with installation of windows in SSD. Please help me with this installation process ....
  4. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Using SSD or HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using SSD or HDD: I just bought a new computer with Windows 10 Pro installed. It came with a 512 Gb SSD and 1 Tb HDD. It automatically has been storing all of my data on the SSD. I am not a game player and have only one game downloaded. My data totals only 24 Gb's so far and adding more...
  6. Use SSD as cache for HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use SSD as cache for HDD: Hello everyone! I was wondering if I could use a 128GB SSD as cache for my 2TB HDD. What program should I use? Is it a native Windows feature? Is this the right subreddit to post this? Thanks :) submitted by /u/GnossisYT [link] [comments]...
  7. Netlog on services stopped although I chose "automatic"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Netlog on services stopped although I chose "automatic": Hi, I have the problem in re-connecting my laptop to network drives everytime I start up my laptop, all previously mapped drives were disconnected with red crosses and even I click the drives on file explorer, it did not work. And I checked services.msc for Netlog on...
  8. Windows 10 Prefetch / SuperFetch is used, although an ssd is used.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Prefetch / SuperFetch is used, although an ssd is used.: Hello everybody, shouldn't Windows automatically disable Prefetch and SuperFetch when using an SSD? Although the SSD is the only drive, the registry key "EnablePrefetcher" has the value 3, the service "Sysmain" is started automatically and the folder "C:\Windows\Prefetch" is...
  9. Installed SSD, Can't use alot of things on HDD

Installed SSD, Can't use alot of things on HDD: Hi, I recently installed an SSD in my PC and put windows 10 on it (my old HDD also had windows on it). But now I can't seem to use a lot of the stuff on the HDD. I can still click on it and see all files but when I try to open a program I seem to get an error every time....
  10. Using SSD and HDD

Using SSD and HDD: I have a hard drive and an SSD. I want to use the SSD for booding and the hard drive for storing everything else except a few apps (ex. chrome and frequently used ones). I am new to windows. How do I do this?...