Windows 10: Microsoft Store Very Strange Behavior (Replicate-able)

Discus and support Microsoft Store Very Strange Behavior (Replicate-able) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004 build on several laptops . Now a certain game from store asked for being updated to run , so I managed to set it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store Very Strange Behavior (Replicate-able)

I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004 build on several laptops .

Now a certain game from store asked for being updated to run , so I managed to set it to update which required a download of 2.7 GBs from store , so whilst midway I thought why not check for all apps that needs being updated as well so did click the button to Get Updates on top , this instantly stopped the app from being downloaded and sent it right out to Up To Date section .

I did try that on several laptops and every time I check for new updates whilst downloading and the app downloading instantly becomes up to date .

What is strange though is that the apps do not seem to be corrupted , they just run normally and report up to date from within too .

May you give that a go and share with me how is that possible ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Jun 16, 2020

2. Microsoft Store Very Strange Behavior (Replicate-able)

I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004 build on several laptops .

Now a certain game from store asked for being updated to run , so I managed to set it to update which required a download of 2.7 GBs from store , so whilst midway I thought why not check for all apps that needs being updated as well so did click the button to Get Updates on top , this instantly stopped the app from being downloaded and sent it right out to Up To Date section .

I did try that on several laptops and every time I check for new updates whilst downloading and the app downloading instantly becomes up to date .

What is strange though is that the apps do not seem to be corrupted , they just run normally and report up to date from within too .

May you give that a go and share with me how is that possible ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Jun 21, 2020
  3. budi Win User
    Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

I tried to clear all contents of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
    then set security permission to logger user name () to be clear from:

• create key
    • set value
    and let it inherently apply to all keys under it

But it responds with icons flickering / blinking very often
    so I undo the security setting.. but while keeping on registry browsing under this key I came across:

1. The jpg filetype key and userchoice key were created
    2. On userchoice key the logging user () ACL was created, and
    3. It's set to DENY on SET VALUE !

Microsoft Store Very Strange Behavior (Replicate-able) [​IMG]

Is it windows 10 behavior or an intruder's been screwing up ?
    Please help me.. many thanks in advance

4. Microsoft Store Very Strange Behavior (Replicate-able)

Replicate Win7 behavior for Recent Documents?

I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to get back to the Window 7/WinXP behavior of Recent Documents on the Start menu. I liked being able to click the Start button, then just choose from a list of the most recent files from a jump list. I work with a number of different file formats throughout the day, saving them in different client folders. I understand that Microsoft has moved towards using the Recent Items view in a File Explorer window, but that means I always need to open yet another window, double-click the file I want, and close it when I'm done. Is there any way to just get it back to a jump list?

Joe Weinmunson, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store Very Strange Behavior (Replicate-able)

1. Microsoft Store Very Strange Behavior (Replicate-able) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Very

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BitLocker - Very Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker - Very Strange Behavior: I use BitLocker to lock several external USB drives connected to my various PCs for backup purposes. All of these drives are the same Samsung SSD model T7 2TB. All of my PCs are running the 20H2 version of Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates. BitLocker recently started...
  6. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  7. Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very hot laptop and strange CPU behavior: Hello, I have an asus laptop that uses the Intel Core i7 4750HQ CPU never had any problems. -I recently had a problem with the HD and decided to install a new SSD with a new Windows installation and install the old HDD simultaneously using a caddy. -A few days later I...
  8. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  9. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...