Windows 10: Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts

Discus and support Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How can one avoid a child account from accessing the Microsoft store online and downloading vpn/browser apps directly on the computer? It seems that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by joeylink, May 7, 2020.

1. joeylink Win User

Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts

How can one avoid a child account from accessing the Microsoft store online and downloading vpn/browser apps directly on the computer?

It seems that even if I block the Microsoft store via the desktop, these apps can still be downloaded by going on microsoft.com; furthermore, even if I allow only a few website to be accessed, Microsoft.com seems to be allowed no matter what. I also tried to stop access to the url of the microsoft store via the hosts file but, while i can stop access to websites such as ebay.com, microsoft.com cannot be blocked.

:)

joeylink, May 7, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, May 7, 2020
  3. Child account- store and apps not opening

So, I create child accounts for my two kids so that they would use their own accounts to use our family pc and so that i could monitor their activity. The problem is that when i enter with one of the child's account the store app is not opening and many
    of the "metro" apps are not opening as well. All other accounts, including the other child's are working just fine. I have tried several suggestions but nothing seems to work, including the troubleshooter fix issued from microsoft. Is there a workaround?

Georgios Kouliatsis, May 7, 2020
  4. Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts

App store and Microsoft account

Check you "Family" settings. Somehow I had my account listed as a child, and it wouldn't let me download apps with an age requirement.

derekellis81, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts

1. Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts - Similar Threads - Microsoft store vpn

2. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  3. logging into Microsoft Store on my child's account not happening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    logging into Microsoft Store on my child's account not happening: Hi, Having trouble trying to get into my account on the Microsoft store so i can install games for my child's account. I.e. I am logging the kids out of the microsoft store and putting my credentials in temporarily so as not to pay twice for the same piece of software which...
  4. apps access to child account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    apps access to child account: hi, i am having MS application installed on my PC eg. outlook, 365, teams. Now i have created a child account for my son. How can i give him access of teams, 365 without reinstalling for his specific user Thanks...
  5. Preventing Installing Microsoft Store Apps for Child Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Preventing Installing Microsoft Store Apps for Child Accounts: I've researched this pretty thoroughly and there are several posts already about it. The other posts I think are pretty clear about what they're trying to achieve but it seems that the responses don't understand the current Windows ecosystem and tools available ex:...
  6. Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Remote Desktop App over VPN: Hello Microsoft Team, I'm using Windows 10 x64 (but issue exists on all windows platforms where Microsoft Store is available) I can reproduce this issue on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Steps to reproduce this issue: 1/ Install Remote Desktop app from microsoft store. 2/...
  7. Cannot sign into Microsoft Store under Child Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign into Microsoft Store under Child Account: I wanted to put Minecraft on my son's computer. Right now, he uses the computer as his own account, as a Child under my account as Family. I have a key for the software, so I opened the store to redeem the code. I don't get that option at all when I'm signed in as him....
  8. Child Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child Microsoft Account: HI I set up a child account with the correct birthdate that shows my childs age as 12y old - however it lists him as an Adult - How do I change him to a child. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-microsoft-account/deed6fb6-15a1-4b74-b6f5-6d4a1cd23d5f"
  9. App store and Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App store and Microsoft account: When i try and download apps from the store it makes me sign in with my Microsoft account. For security reasons my Microsoft account is quite complicated After i sign in with the Microsoft account the next time i start my computer i have to use the Microsoft password...
  10. Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store: How to: Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store How to Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child to Shop at Microsoft Store One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family...