Windows 10: Microsoft Store vs Internet Apps

Discus and support Microsoft Store vs Internet Apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, just wondering. I see that the MS Store has a lot of the same programs that I can download from the internet. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CChamp, Dec 4, 2019.

1. CChamp Win User

Microsoft Store vs Internet Apps

Hi all, just wondering. I see that the MS Store has a lot of the same programs that I can download from the internet. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to getting the programs from the store or the internet? Thanks in advance.

:)

CChamp, Dec 4, 2019

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 4, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 4, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store vs Internet Apps - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Internet

2. Microsoft Store will not connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store will not connect to the Internet: My PC connects to the Internet with no problems, I can connect to Microsoft services like my OneDrive immediately and indeed the community. However, I cannot get the Store to connect. In the past I have needed plugins and codecs and have been unable to get them but have found...
  3. Internet Connection OFFLINE for Microsoft Store Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection OFFLINE for Microsoft Store Apps: 1st time met such a problem as 1st time in use for Microsoft Store & its Apps, Apps downloadable, but after Launch reporting back "No Internet Connection", .. just clean installed Windows 10 2004 on 7 Novemberseems - it solved WiFi Icon & in Settings - appeared be showing...
  4. Build-in vs. MS Store apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build-in vs. MS Store apps?: A lot of built-in apps are also on MS Store (OneDrive, XBOX Game bar, etc). Why? I accidentally installed the XBOX Game bar. Do I have now two, since one is already part of the Windows? I'm confused. Windows 10 Version 2004 162733
  5. Microsoft Store - Owned vs Installed

Microsoft Store - Owned vs Installed: Under All owned I have an app called Ubuntu. I can launch it and get a command line shell. However, under Installed, I can't see this Ubuntu app. What gives?...
  6. Printer VS Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer VS Internet: Why won't my printer let me print documents from my email? my printer is also saying the printer could not connect to the server and to check the internet connection or the proxy setting. can you please fix this for me? or give me a number that I can call to fix it. thank you...
  7. Xbox app, Microsoft Store app, and other Microsoft apps not connecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app, Microsoft Store app, and other Microsoft apps not connecting to the internet: When I try to open the Xbox app it gives me an error message that says "You need an internet connection to use this app. Check your connection and try again." (0x405). Then when I try to open the Microsoft store it opens for a second then closes itself. Same issue with...
  8. Microsoft Store vs Internet Apps

Microsoft Store vs Internet Apps: Hi all, just wondering. I see that the MS Store has a lot of the same programs that I can download from the internet. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to getting the programs from the store or the internet? Thanks in advance. 145694
  9. Microsoft Store app says I'm not connected to the internet

Microsoft Store app says I'm not connected to the internet: Tried opening Skype in a while and the app seems broken or smth, uninstalled it then went to the Store to install it again, but there it says to check my connection. Tried installing skype from the internet, but it sends me to the store again. My windows is(I think) genuine,...
  10. Microsoft Store App (Lynda.com) can't reach the internet.

Microsoft Store App (Lynda.com) can't reach the internet.: Hello, I installed Lynda.com app from the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 and It worked perfectly well for about a week but it now shows that it has no internet connection although all other network related apps are doing well (chrome, edge, online games, etc...) so what...