Windows 10: Microsoft store will not let me add my device

Discus and support Microsoft store will not let me add my device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can see my Device in windows store but it keeps telling me windows is not updated.I went to control panel and installed all updates and restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillConway-IL, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Microsoft store will not let me add my device

I can see my Device in windows store but it keeps telling me windows is not updated.I went to control panel and installed all updates and restarted several times.MS will NOT let me add my new PC to my account. Keeps saying Windows is not updated.This is blocking me from installing my apps.The bitlocker setting is off, and in red, but I cannot change that even on an admin account.Please advise on what I need. I need this fixed!!!!!Thanks,Bill

:)

BillConway-IL, Apr 29, 2021

2. Device not found in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install app on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the app that you are unable to install?
    • What is the exact error message/code that you get when trying to install the app?

Meanwhile, we can try a few steps and check.

Step 1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Reset Microsoft Store

Refer the steps in this article: Reset Microsoft Store via Settings.

Step 4: New user account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2021
  4. sam02 Win User

Microsoft store will not let me add my device

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft store will not let me add my device

1. Microsoft store will not let me add my device - Similar Threads - Microsoft store let

2. Microsoft store not letting me install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not letting me install: ive been trying to install roblox but all it says is get and when i click it, it does nothing at all. is there any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-letting-me-install/03dd68ee-8f82-44d0-9885-ae450e1a2664
  3. Won't let me add a Bluetooth device - Device add menu corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't let me add a Bluetooth device - Device add menu corrupt: See video for more details WeTransfer linkHiya, I seem to be having a problem with connecting my Earbuds to my PC including printers as well. When I click the " Add Bluetooth or other devices " and select the Bluetooth option, it loads for a few seconds then just disappears...
  4. Won't let me add a Bluetooth device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Won't let me add a Bluetooth device.: Hiya, I seem to be having a problem with connecting my Earbuds to my PC. When I click the " Add Bluetooth or other device " and select the Bluetooth option, it loads for a few seconds then just disappears. I tried in the Control Panel, tried clicking " Add device " and it...
  5. Microsoft Store Isn't Letting Me Download a Game on Multiple Devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Isn't Letting Me Download a Game on Multiple Devices: So, yesterday, I had downloaded Minecraft Windows 10 with no problem on a device at another house using my Microsoft account that was linked with my Mojang account. Today however, I am at a different house and computer and when I log into my Microsoft account, I'm not able to...
  6. Microsoft Store won't let me add my mastercard

Microsoft Store won't let me add my mastercard: So i wanted to buy Minecraft, after giving all the required card info and clicking save it gives a "try again later, there was a problem on our side" problem both on the app and web on my phone, i tried adding the same card in the play store and it works fine, i tried again a...
  7. microsoft store not letting me log in

microsoft store not letting me log in: I'm trying to log in to the Microsoft store but it doesn't work. I logged into the Microsoft website to try to install from there but it just wants me to go to the Microsoft store instead, and download it from there. so, I know I'm using the correct info, I know the account...
  8. Microsoft Store Device add issues

Microsoft Store Device add issues: Hi I've bought game pass for pc although when I click Install on my devices button it asks me to add a device even though I have my device added already and this occurs only on few games of course I am aware that there is separate list of games for xbox and for pc, so for...
  9. Microsoft Backup Will Not Let Me Add Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Backup Will Not Let Me Add Folder: I have a C drive with my OS Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763) on it. I created a partition A: where I keep all my data. I also have an external hard drive E: that I want to use as a backup. Both A: and E: are encrypted via Bitlocker. I had no issue adding...
  10. Windows Store App will not let me add a new account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store App will not let me add a new account.: It says that the user ID or Password is invalid but when I use the same user ID and Password on the Microsoft webcite, it signs me in. Please help. 64456