Windows 10: Microsoft store will not open

Discus and support Microsoft store will not open in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey! I've been struggling with this annoying problem for a week now. I wanted to install some of the WSL-type packages, so I navigated to the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by bobdabiulder, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Microsoft store will not open

Hey!

I've been struggling with this annoying problem for a week now. I wanted to install some of the WSL-type packages, so I navigated to the Microsoft Store. When I tried to go to the page for downloading the app, the Store crashed. After updating to the latest available Windows 10 package, I could no longer enter the Store in the first place. It would crash on startup. I tried everything. I did "sfc /scannow", and a number of other commands. "wsreset.exe" is entirely broken, it cannot find any of the files it needs to reset.

Today, I tried using the Microsoft Support from this website. I got connected to an agent quickly, and I was passed along to a technician. He tried everything that I had tried, and had no luck. He did an "In-Place" update, which he claimed would remove all Microsoft programs and reinstall them. As soon as he started the Media Installation tool or whatever, he ended the chat session. I tried to give him bad feedback, since he left me hanging, but he abused the LogMeIn control power he had, and closed my window. This meant that I couldn't give feedback on him!

I got back with another agent, and reported my experience to her. She said it would be passed along.

Once the "In Place" thing had fully completed, I restarted a few times, and installed some new updates. I tried opening the Microsoft store, but it still won't open. Furthermore, my Start Menu was completely reset, and everything is slow now.

I don't know how many times I will have to ask for help, or where I should be looking, but it's clear from other threads on this forum that Microsoft has failed to fix this problem. Please help me!

:)

bobdabiulder, Dec 15, 2018

2. Microsoft Store

Hi James,

To resolve your concern about Windows Store, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter
    • Restart the PC, sign in with your Microsoft user account and check if you are able to find Windows Store.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 15, 2018
  3. store

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community!

I would suggest you to clear the cache memory of the Windows Store app.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window

• Type wsreset.exe and hit enter.

Now try to open Windows store and see if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft store will not open

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft store will not open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft store will not open

1. Microsoft store will not open - Similar Threads - Microsoft store open

2. can't open microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't open microsoft store: can't open microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-microsoft-store/a6f49c4a-5a2e-405b-9df2-f147ece3d891"
  3. Can not open "Microsoft Store"

Can not open "Microsoft Store": Dear, Both my PC and my Surface Pro 5 encounter this same problem. Please help! Thanks Jon [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-microsoft-store/01e14d3c-763f-4ee2-88ed-6b730a1eed96"
  4. Microsoft Store not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not opening: Yet again I have a problem. This time it is with Microsoft Store. The App simply does not open at all and I keep getting the following error message although I am connected to the internet.: “Check you connection. Microsoft Store needs to be online. It looks you’re...
  5. Microsoft store not opening

Microsoft store not opening: I have a huge problem...My Microsoft store wasn't opening. I have tried many methods and I think I located the issue. There is no "Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe" in my "\AppData\Local\Packages\" . I would really appreciate it if someone can help me resolve this issue....
  6. cant open microsoft store

cant open microsoft store: hello i cant open microsoft store, i have tried everything... im going to buy the windows key in the store, but i cant open so i dont know what 2 do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-microsoft-store/9e3051d9-6c4c-417c-ad01-6504d4c6cb0c"
  7. Microsoft store won't open

Microsoft store won't open: The store will open then immediately close. I have tried many fixes such as running wsreset.exe and deleting the local cache folder. Nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-open/0bfa9570-4f23-4e32-b446-477802685085"
  8. Microsoft Store Wont Open

Microsoft Store Wont Open: Hey, my windows store won't open. When I click it, it shows the main screen (Blue with store logo) then it just crashes, no error report, nothing. I'm suspecting it was because of VPNs I have previously downloaded, but after deleting them all it still doesn't work. (Other...
  9. microsoft store not opening

microsoft store not opening: Last week updated windows after uodate mailbox and store not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-store-not-opening/e8ce338b-76bf-4924-9976-0b5efeed03d8
  10. Microsoft Store No Longer Opens

Microsoft Store No Longer Opens: I still have the icon for MS Store in my taskbar, but it no longer works. Clicking on it does nothing. When I click the START button, the MS Store App is grayed out. Any suggestions on how to get this running again? 16491