Windows 10: Microsoft Store & Windows Photos unable to open

Discus and support Microsoft Store & Windows Photos unable to open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After opening nay of these apps they tend to crash in the midst of loading. Please help. https://reddit.com/link/l5aho7/video/ysemrtgp9nd61/player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/keyvahnsthebest, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Microsoft Store & Windows Photos unable to open

/u/keyvahnsthebest, Jan 26, 2021

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Photo app will not stay open in windows 10

Hi Caroline,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I suggest you to reset the Windows Store cache and check.

Method 1:

Follow the step to reset the Windows Store cache.

• Press Windows Key + R key.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter Key.
    Your Windows Store cache will be reset. Check if the is resolved.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall photo app again.

Method 2:

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Photo app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-photos/9wzdncrfjbh4

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Microsoft Store & Windows Photos unable to open

Microsoft Photo app missing and Microsoft Store unable to launch

I have 2 x Windows 10 system.

Both recently unable to open any jpg file, error show "Package could not be registered".

I have done the below steps but still can't find Photos installed.

- run wsreset.exe

- reset Microsoft Photo

- re-registered Microsoft Photo via powershell command

I also noticed Microsoft Store also can't launch, nothing happen when click.

I did the below steps.

- reset Microsoft Store (but for almost 2 hrs still showing small circles like still running reset)

I try to install latest Windows update 10 1909, but show failed.

Any solution please?

Thanks.

Kok Keong

Kok Keong Kan, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Store & Windows Photos unable to open

1. Microsoft Store & Windows Photos unable to open - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Photos

2. Unable to open the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open the Microsoft store: The Microsoft store icon is in a dark gray color and I am unable to open it even after multiple restarts and other apps seem stuck not being able to update, most notable example would be the Minecraft Launcher that when clicked says to reinstall the app, but I'm unable to...
  3. Unable to open the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open the Microsoft store: The Microsoft store icon is in a dark gray color and I am unable to open it even after multiple restarts and other apps seem stuck not being able to update, most notable example would be the Minecraft Launcher that when clicked says to reinstall the app, but I'm unable to...
  4. Microsoft Store and Photos do not open

Microsoft Store and Photos do not open: I was attempting to open Photos previously, but got a file system error -2147219196. This prevents me from viewing image files in Photos.I uninstalled Photos and attempted to open the Microsoft Store to reinstall, and it wouldn't open. I forced it to open with wsreset.exe and...
  5. Photos, Clock, Microsoft Store not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos, Clock, Microsoft Store not opening: Apps such as clock, camera, Microsoft store, and photos are not opening.When clicked on it, they pretend to download but do not.If reset and repaired, they still do not open...Thanks...
  6. Photos, Clock, Microsoft Store not opening

Photos, Clock, Microsoft Store not opening: Apps such as clock, camera, Microsoft store, and photos are not opening.When clicked on it, they pretend to download but do not.If reset and repaired, they still do not open...Thanks...
  7. Unable to open Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to open Microsoft Store: I am unable to open Microsoft Store.... it says error Ox80072EE7....... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-microsoft-store/6d503495-19db-459d-b0b9-58619be67c22
  8. Unable to open Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to open Microsoft Store: Microsoft Store won’t open when I click on it. What is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-microsoft-store/763452ea-51b3-48ff-918b-752fc9febfce
  9. unable to open windows Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to open windows Microsoft store: its been very hard for me since my store stopped operating. i tried a lot of methods checking online .i already factory reset for couple of times still its the same.i cannot even open the store. when i click the Microsoft store it is not responding / does nothing. please if...
  10. Store and Microsoft Photos will not open

Store and Microsoft Photos will not open: I have tried all the tricks and still no luck. I am unable to open Photos App or even open the Microsoft Store since the last update. Please assist!...