Windows 10: Microsoft store won’t allow me to download to any other drive but the C drive.

Discus and support Microsoft store won’t allow me to download to any other drive but the C drive. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can download to the c drive with no problems at all. My issue is that my c drive is small and I use another for my games. When i try to install to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JoshuaEdwards6, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Microsoft store won’t allow me to download to any other drive but the C drive.

I can download to the c drive with no problems at all. My issue is that my c drive is small and I use another for my games. When i try to install to another drive i get an error 0x80070057. I have tried the following

update Windows

reset Microsoft store

changed storage location

used power shell

nothing has worked. Even called Microsoft and they couldn’t figure it out. Please help!

:)

JoshuaEdwards6, Jul 21, 2020

2. Microsoft Store won't let me save to my download drive

If I choose my C: drive as the save location installs work just fine. I click install and things install. However, my C: drive is an SSD with limited space. I chose my G: drive (where I usually install applications) as the save location. When I click install
    in Microsoft Store it asks me to choose an installation location (Why isn't this available when C: is the save location?). The problem is that the G: drive, my save location, is not available on the list.

I have tried setting other drives as the save location and the Microsoft store will just save there. There is no indication why the Microsoft Store does not like my G: drive. There is plenty of free space and the drive is the exact same model as other drives
    in my PC that work without trouble.

CptTwinkie, Jul 21, 2020
  3. leptoon Win User
    Microsoft Store always downloads to the C: drive, no matter what.

I'm having a very frustrating problem and I think the only solution is to reinstall Windows onto a larger partition.

I'm trying to download Sea of Thieves in the Microsoft Store and it's downloading to the C: drive. I really despise the Microsoft Store and I've always refused to even open it, much less rely on it for anything, so I'm at a loss as to what the problem could
    be.

Sea of Thieves is a 21 GB game. I only have 15 GB of free space on the 110 GB Windows partition (CMicrosoft store won’t allow me to download to any other drive but the C drive. :). I can't find enough stuff to uninstall or delete to free enough space on the C: drive.

I've already changed all the storage settings to put new apps (and everything else) in my F: drive. When I start downloading the game, it asks me where I want to install it, so I select the F: drive. Neither of those actually had any affect, the files are
    still being downloaded to the C: drive and the download process stops when the drive is full.

So that leaves me with only one solution - reinstall Windows onto a larger partition. That is absolutely unacceptable. Why can't Microsoft design anything correctly?

Any help would be appreciated but this isn't looking good. Maybe I can symlink or junction the Microsoft Store folder to a custom location on another drive?

leptoon, Jul 21, 2020
  4. RonBarker Win User

Microsoft store won’t allow me to download to any other drive but the C drive.

Can't find the C drive in Windows 10

All the suggestions above work, however, the easiest way to find C Drive is to type>This PC in the search box>Right click on>This PC and choose pin to taskbar. The hiding of C Drive and other Drives is another one of Microsoft's one-step forward and three-steps
    back.

RonBarker, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft store won’t allow me to download to any other drive but the C drive.

1. Microsoft store won’t allow me to download to any other drive but the C drive. - Similar Threads - Microsoft store won’t

2. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive: hello there, tried to install a game from microsoft store, it kept downloading it into C: drive.i tried changing the location in Settings>System>Storage>Change where new content is saved, and change "New apps will save to" option to D: drive.this didn't help,i found a...
  3. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive: hello there, tried to install a game from microsoft store, it kept downloading it into C: drive.i tried changing the location in Settings>System>Storage>Change where new content is saved, and change "New apps will save to" option to D: drive.this didn't help,i found a...
  4. Microsoft Store apps keep downloading into C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store downloading everything to C drive - How to change it?

Microsoft store downloading everything to C drive - How to change it?: Hi there,So, I know this question has been asked before, but how on earth can I stop the Microsoft store from downloading every game to my C drive first BEFORE it actually moves it to my drive which I selected as the location for the game to be installed?I know there's a...
  6. Microsoft Store will not let me install games on any other drive

Microsoft Store will not let me install games on any other drive: Hello, I am trying to install a game from the microsoft store on my second harddrive but microsoft store will not pickup any other harddrive even after going into settings and changing where new content is saved. This solution worked once and never again back to ground...
  7. Is it better to download all the apps in C drive or in other drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it better to download all the apps in C drive or in other drives?: Hi! I have a dilemma. For example when I want to install an app, at the part when it asks where I want to install it do I should leave it in C or put it somewhere else? Is it true that if I install all the apps in C (instead of other drives) the PC will become slower? Thanks...
  8. Doesn't allow me to save files in c drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't allow me to save files in c drive: Recently I got a computer and had an nvme drive installed. There were oddaties, I had one big file which I preferred if it didn't change it's location so they had to split drives and so on and so forths anyways I'm trying to save a file in c but I'm getting a prompt saying...
  9. Microsoft store won't allow me to download on to seperate drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store won't allow me to download on to seperate drive: I know this has been asked 1 million other times but the same copy pasted response from Microsoft's bots offer no solution to my problem I get an error code when I try and swap where new apps should be downloaded everything else can be put onto my other drive just fine :...
  10. Windows Store does not allow me to save games to any other drive than C:

Windows Store does not allow me to save games to any other drive than C:: Hello, I've started to have this problem recently and I think it may be the cause of very ****ed up permission levels. I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 4 on one of my 2TB drives, I have 2 of these in my system right now, under the Labels I: and F:. The issue is, when I...