Windows 10: Microsoft Store won't change download location

Discus and support Microsoft Store won't change download location in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to download some games onto my laptop using the game pass. I have to put them onto my SD card D: drive as my system storage... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Aiden F, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Aiden F Win User

Microsoft Store won't change download location

Hello,

I've been trying to download some games onto my laptop using the game pass. I have to put them onto my SD card D: drive as my system storage is mostly taken up by the OS. I've gone into settings > Storage > Change where new content is saved, and changed it to my SD card. However, the microsoft store only allows me to select my C: drive as the download location, despite the D: drive being set to default and subsequently I can't download anything due to a lack of storage

:)

Aiden F, Jul 16, 2020

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Changed the 'downloads' location to E-Drive. Couldn't reverse!!

Hi Gokul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

• Right Click on Downloads folder.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Select Location tab.
    • Click on Move and choose your location.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Ickpers Win User

Windows store Cant change default location

Im trying to download games from the Windows Store/Xbox App but cant install them onto my games hard drive because its not listed in the drop down menu or any other menu choices in the storage settings. The drive works and is listed in "This PC" and in Disk Management.
    I have an SSD installed specifically for games and want to install the games onto it. Here is a screenshot with the games drive (G) not listed.

Microsoft Store won't change download location [​IMG]

Ickpers, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Store won't change download location - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store won't

2. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  3. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store App download location: Someone please tell me why Microsoft store on windows PC is NOT allowing me to choose where I download apps to. It’s like they’re forcing me to download on my Local drive for what? So I can crash my computer and pay another few 1000$ for a replacement?They need to fix this...
  4. Microsoft store App download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store won't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't download: I recently had a problem with microsoft store where it crashed while updating, and now whenever I try to use the download links on the microsoft website it just downloads a pdf on arbitration terms. How do I get MS Store back?...
  6. Microsoft Store won't download

Microsoft Store won't download: I recently had a problem with microsoft store where it crashed while updating, and now whenever I try to use the download links on the microsoft website it just downloads a pdf on arbitration terms. How do I get MS Store back?...
  7. Microsoft Store won't download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Microsoft Store downloaded movies location

Microsoft Store downloaded movies location: I purchased a movie from the Microsoft Store, and downloaded it onto both of my laptops. It shows up in Movies & TV as a purchased video, but I cannot tell when I play it if I am watching the download or the online version of the movie. this concerns me because on both...
  9. Microsoft Store Download Locations

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Locations: Recently I have decided to re-install ARK: Survival Evolved on my computer through the Microsoft store. However, it stopped after about 200MB/105GB because there wasn't enough space on my C: Drive. So I went into Settings, System, Storage, Change where new content is saved....
  10. I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot change my download location in the microsoft store: I am currently trying to install Ark to my D: drive because there is no more space on my C: drive. When I change the drive from the drop-down box it doesn't let me click install even though there are still 400 gigs left on the drive....