Windows 10: Microsoft Store - won't download any app updates nor a game (sea of thieves)

Discus and support Microsoft Store - won't download any app updates nor a game (sea of thieves) in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought Sea of Thieves download code from Amazon. I redeemed it and went on my way to install through the Microsoft store. Error Code: 0x80070002 -... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AdamWilson4, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft Store - won't download any app updates nor a game (sea of thieves)

I bought Sea of Thieves download code from Amazon. I redeemed it and went on my way to install through the Microsoft store.

Error Code: 0x80070002 - This seems generic and throws up a significant number of solutions - none thus far have worked.

On further investigation I noted that 44 other Microsoft apps required updating (including the store app itself) on every single one it is this same code. So it strikes me that the issue about downloading the same is more a global issue regarding all the apps that are part of the microsoft store.

I've tried the following:

1. WSRESET - no change

2. sfc /scannow - no change

3. DISM check,scan and repair commands - no change

4. deleted the cache - no change

5. recreated SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 - no change

6. i'm fully updated with update 1809 - no change

7. reinstalled windows over my existing (keeping apps and personal files) - no change

8. removed the store app with powershell and rebooted, installed the store with powershell - still no change.

9. i've created a separate local login and tried and still no success.

10. tried with deactivating Norton anti-virus - no change

I'm at the end of my tether now, I've bought a game that i cannot download/install. there seems to be no alternative mechanism to get the files and install outside of the store app. The app pops up this rather unhelpful "try downloading again, we are working on it" and explains no further. It would be helpful if it could tell me what precisely is causing this to fail.

Why the app itself cannot download its own update which is perplexing.

I recently in the last 5 weeks did a fresh install onto a SSD,

I can only conclude that there is some other issue(s), be it account or otherwise. I've heard rumours of certain privacy control might cause it, but my set up is standard ISP router settings (Fritz box with Zen internet)

I really need some help.

:)

AdamWilson4, Jan 2, 2019

2. I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Unable to download Sea of Thieves from Store

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Kindly follow the below steps.

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Store and click on the Account icon on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 2: Enter the email address that you used during the purchase of Sea Of Thieves game. (The email address that you have received as purchase verification mail for Sea Of Thieves).

Step 3: Once you have logged into Microsoft Store, search for Sea Of Thieves game by clicking on the Search bar on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 4: Select the Sea Of Thieves game, download and install.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Microsoft Store - won't download any app updates nor a game (sea of thieves)

I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

This workaround worked for me first time of trying it. I had the same issue as the OP.

M0NK3YR0N1N, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Store - won't download any app updates nor a game (sea of thieves)

1. Microsoft Store - won't download any app updates nor a game (sea of thieves) - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store won't

2. Microsoft Store Sea of Thieves Update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Sea of Thieves Update issue: My Microsoft account won't allow me to update Sea of Thieves $60 btw in the Microsoft store. IT IS CURRENTLY UNPLAYABLE, as each time a new update becomes available I have to up date to play it, but MS say's it's unable to at the moment try again later. I tried and tried for...
  3. Microsoft Store Sea of Thieves Update issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Sea of Thieves Update issue: My Microsoft account won't allow me to update Sea of Thieves $60 btw in the Microsoft store. IT IS CURRENTLY UNPLAYABLE, as each time a new update becomes available I have to up date to play it, but MS say's it's unable to at the moment try again later. I tried and tried for...
  4. Sea of thieves game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves game: I got Sea of Thieves in January 2020 which was a while ago. I don't remember if I had to get the game pass that time to be able to play the game. I see that I only bought game pass in June 2021 since getting sea of thieves. I tried installing the game again but it does not...
  5. Sea of thieves game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sea of thieves game: I got Sea of Thieves in January 2020 which was a while ago. I don't remember if I had to get the game pass that time to be able to play the game. I see that I only bought game pass in June 2021 since getting sea of thieves. I tried installing the game again but it does not...
  6. Sea of Thieves won't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves won't download: I'm trying to download Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store, but instead of downloading, I get the text saying "error", after saying "acquiring license". I've tried restarting the Microsoft Store and restarting my PC with no effect. Is there a way to fix this issue?...
  7. Sea of Thieves not downloading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sea of Thieves not downloading: I deleted Sea of Thieves and my plan was to move it to my other drive on my pc. when I uninstalled it through the windows search bar when it came up I go to the Microsoft store and to my library its not showing up sea of thieves. But when I look it up in the Microsoft store...
  8. Sea of Thieves won't download...

Sea of Thieves won't download...: I have had Sea of Thieves since launch. I did the most recent update and it corrupted a file. So, I uninstalled. I have not been able to redownload the game. It gets to about 5% then an error code comes up and won't continue the install. I have restarted Windows Store, my...
  9. Sea of thieves stuck on "downloading sea of thieves..." for hours

Sea of thieves stuck on "downloading sea of thieves..." for hours: other games normally display a Mb/s rate, but sea of thieves isnt giving any of this and the progress meter isnt going up. Ive tried reseting pc, deleting cache, reseting pc as it downloads as a workaround but nothing. Any help?[ATTACH]...
  10. Can't download sea of thieves from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download sea of thieves from the Microsoft Store: I just bought sea of thieves on the micrMicro store for my windows 10 PC. When I click on install, I only get this error message: "Try again later. Something happened at our end". How long until this issue is resolved?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store wont download games

2. microsoft store updates wont download

3. microsoft store wont download updates on pc

4. microsoft store apps wont update,
  5. microsoft store appls wont download,
  6. microsoft store wont download any apps,
  7. microsoft store wont update games 2019,
  8. microsoft store sea of thieves,
  9. windows store wont download update,
  10. microsoft store wont update games,
  11. sea of thievies wont install microsoft storerr,