Windows 10: Microsoft Store wont Launch

Discus and support Microsoft Store wont Launch in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My Microsoft Store will not open after a recent windows update. I am currently running Windows 10 version 1909. I have tried to reset the store,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BallparkFrankie, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store wont Launch

My Microsoft Store will not open after a recent windows update. I am currently running Windows 10 version 1909. I have tried to reset the store, checked my date and time settings, and also tried running the wsreset.exe command prompt. I am receiving an "File system error -2147219196" error code. Any recommendations on how to remedy this issue so i am able to update some of my apps via the Microsoft Store?

:)

BallparkFrankie, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store app not launching

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Do you get any error code when you try to open the store app?
    3. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?

Refer the article to check
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Reset Microsoft store.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      wsreset
      and hit enter.

The command will reset the store cache and open the app once the command is complete.

Method 2:

Create a new user account and check. Refer the article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article
    Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Anne Fuj Win User

Microsoft Store wont Launch

Microsoft Mahjong Daily Challenge wont download?

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest that you reset Windows Store and try downloading
    Microsoft Mahjong again.

Here are the steps on how to reset Windows Store:

• Press the Windows key+
      R key, to launch the Run dialog box.

• Type in Wsreset.exe and
      press Enter.

• Reboot your computer after the process is finished.

Keep us posted.

Anne Fuj, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store wont Launch

1. Microsoft Store wont Launch - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store wont

2. Microsoft Store not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not launching: The Microsoft Store in the Start menu appears with a progress bar underneath and will not launch when I open it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-launching/e55b8ddf-9975-48a7-8094-29c6939f4aea
  3. Microsoft Store not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not launching: The Microsoft Store in the Start menu appears with a progress bar underneath and will not launch when I open it. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-launching/e55b8ddf-9975-48a7-8094-29c6939f4aea
  4. Microsoft Store wont launch and neither will its applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store wont launch and neither will its applications: I just recently bought a new windows 11 laptop Dell Inspiron 5310 which I found, could not run Microsoft store nor any applications such as sticky notes and photos. Whenever I try to launch Microsoft store, it opens up and loads before immediately closing itself without any...
  5. Microsoft Store wont launch and neither will its applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store wont launch and neither will its applications: I just recently bought a new windows 11 laptop Dell Inspiron 5310 which I found, could not run Microsoft store nor any applications such as sticky notes and photos. Whenever I try to launch Microsoft store, it opens up and loads before immediately closing itself without any...
  6. Microsoft store and apps wont launch

Microsoft store and apps wont launch: I have tried so many solutions to solve this issue, I have reset the computer, I have tried uninstalling the windows store but the commands are always incorrect. I have tried to use other users and it still won't work or any other app. My browsers open but nothing else please...
  7. ark survival evolved from microsoft store WONT LAUNCH!

ark survival evolved from microsoft store WONT LAUNCH!: ark survival evolved from microsoft store WONT LAUNCH! is there any fix for this? I tried everything possible in forums and comments. nothing works. Everytime i try to launch it. It just gets a blue window with the logo on it for about 3-5 seconds than closes and nothing...
  8. Microsoft Store not launching

Microsoft Store not launching: I have been trying to launch my Microsoft Store but it isn't working. I tried updating it and following otger suggesting by Microsoft community but it's still not launching. Any other suggestions could do me a world of good. Thank you...
  9. Microsoft Store Wont Launch After Reset

Microsoft Store Wont Launch After Reset: Hello, I just reset my windows 10 laptop and then microsoft store wont launch, i tried every powershell things from youtube and web and nothing worked, i tried wsreset.exe , change region setting and connection dns, CMD things and nothing happens, every time i do...
  10. Microsoft Store Will Not Launch

Microsoft Store Will Not Launch: Hi. When downloading an app, I checked the box to not open the Store app when clicking an available app. I thought it would give me an alternative and that I could easily change the choice back if needed. That is not the case. I've tried the advice I found so far,...