Windows 10: Microsoft Store won't launch

Discus and support Microsoft Store won't launch in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I had Microsoft Store downloaded for a while, and Voice Recorder wasn't working for some reason and I uninstalled it. So when I tried to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/prestigiousdiet18, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store won't launch

So I had Microsoft Store downloaded for a while, and Voice Recorder wasn't working for some reason and I uninstalled it. So when I tried to reinstall it it would just stay on starting download for a while and then just say it was an error. Anyways all of that is not really the problem. I tried to fix this and quickly I found out that you could reset the apps, and so I clicked reset on Microsoft Store, but me being an absolute idiot, I didn't know that you have to hit twice to confirm the reset. So after that Microsoft Store has completely been removed from my toolbar, but it's still in the start menu, whenever I try to click it grays out completely and doesn't launch at all. And yes I've tried powershell methods, they either get stuck on initializing or it just shows an error. Please can someone help me and tell me a way to fix this without having to format my PC.

submitted by /u/prestigiousdiet18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/prestigiousdiet18, Dec 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 11, 2020
  3. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store won't launch

Unable to launch Microsoft Store

Hey Community,

My Windows store won`t open? Any suggestions? Thnx. TP

***Original title:Windows Store won't open***

ToddPinkerton, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store won't launch

1. Microsoft Store won't launch - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store won't

2. Microsoft store won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store won't launch: My Microsoft store will not open. It will start to load but immediately shut down. I see the icon for it pop up on the task bar and instantly close. I have tried reinstalling through PowerShell along with the repair tool and it still won't work....
  3. Microsoft store won't launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store won't launch: My Microsoft store will not open. It will start to load but immediately shut down. I see the icon for it pop up on the task bar and instantly close. I have tried reinstalling through PowerShell along with the repair tool and it still won't work....
  4. Microsoft store won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft store won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store won't launch: hello why i can't launch microsoft store and some microsoft apps like calculator.....etc when i try to launch microsoft store and some microsoft apps it won't launch and when i try to reset microsoft store from cmd i get an error saying can someone help me with this problem...
  6. Microsoft store won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store won't launch: hello why i can't launch microsoft store and some microsoft apps like calculator.....etc when i try to launch microsoft store and some microsoft apps it won't launch and when i try to reset microsoft store from cmd i get an error saying can someone help me with this problem...
  7. Microsoft store won't launch

8. Microsoft Store won't launch

Microsoft Store won't launch: Hi, After upgrading to 2004, Microsoft Store will no longer launch. It will just briefly open then close. I already tried all options found in the internet when searching for the keyword "Microsoft Store wont start", "Microsoft store not working" to no avail. Below are...
  9. Microsoft store won't launch

Microsoft store won't launch: My Microsoft Store won't launch, it closes as soon as I try to open it. For the past 2 days I have tried everything under the sun to try and fix the Microsoft Store, none of them have worked. List of things I have tried: -Troubleshoot through Update and Security -Reset...
  10. Microsoft Store won't launch

Microsoft Store won't launch: Two days ago my HP PC ran an update and pretty well wiped everything from it. Fortunately I found my files backed up on the D drive. I am signed into my Microsoft account (I've checked) but any apps I try to load (they're showing on the start menu but won't open) I get the...