Windows 10: microsoft store wont let me install game

Discus and support microsoft store wont let me install game in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just bought minecraft for windows 10 and i cant instal i click it and nothing happens. ive troubleshoot the store and ive reset the store too.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CoffeeMentaur17, Sep 26, 2020.

1. microsoft store wont let me install game

I just bought minecraft for windows 10 and i cant instal i click it and nothing happens.

ive troubleshoot the store and ive reset the store too.

:)

CoffeeMentaur17, Sep 26, 2020

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Sep 26, 2020
  4. microsoft store wont let me install game

Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

microsoft store wont let me install game

1. microsoft store wont let me install game - Similar Threads - microsoft store wont

2. The microsoft store wont let me sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microsoft store wont let me sign in: any time i try it it pulls up the screen saying sign in and when i click an account or sign in with a different account, it opens a different window briefly and then closes. this also goes for apps ive previously downloaded from the microsoft store. ive tried restarting my...
  3. Microsoft Store package Installer wont let me launch games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store package Installer wont let me launch games: I have gamepass ultimate at the moment and every time i try to launch a gamepass game it comes up with "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" Referring to the Microsoft store package installer then i click yes then it glitches out for a moment and then says you...
  4. Microsoft Store package Installer wont let me launch games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store package Installer wont let me launch games: I have gamepass ultimate at the moment and every time i try to launch a gamepass game it comes up with "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" Referring to the Microsoft store package installer then i click yes then it glitches out for a moment and then says you...
  5. Microsoft Store package Installer wont let me launch games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Store wont let me install any of my games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store wont let me install any of my games: I have seen this problem being reported several times but here I am. Still having the same or similar issue. I have, one or two years ago, bought Forza Horizon 4. I also own Forza Horizon 3 and Motorsport 7. All of those games, in case you don't know, cost roundabout 60€,...
  7. Microsoft store wont let me install minecraft

Microsoft store wont let me install minecraft: whenever i hover over the install button it has a red circle with a red line through it i tried restarting and troubleshooting but the troubleshoot finds nothing it also wont let me install flight simulator...
  8. Microsoft store just wont let me install minecraft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft store just wont let me install minecraft: So my minecraft windows 10 edition recently stopped working and i thought i should probably just uninstall it then reinstall it but for some reason i cant reinstall it, some times it just wont start installing it some times it just says pending and other times my cursor just...
  9. Microsoft Store wont let me download

Microsoft Store wont let me download: Hi, I have a active membership to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and was able to download and play MS store apps/games mainly Gears 5. Since installing Windows on my new PC the store does not allow me to download Gears 5 anymore. When I cursor over the install button I get a round...
  10. Microsoft Store won't let me install games

Microsoft Store won't let me install games: It only applies to games that requie administrator approval for instalation (other games work fine), my install button is just diabled: [ATTACH] When I select install on my devices it displays a message that I don't heve suitable device for this game. Of course I have an...