Windows 10: Microsoft store & Xbox app store both crashing

Discus and support Microsoft store & Xbox app store both crashing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently bought the game pass on my pc and was playing a few games fine for a couple of days. However, eventually my xbox app kept crashing, so I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by rayahb123, Oct 2, 2020.

1. rayahb123 Win User

Microsoft store & Xbox app store both crashing

I recently bought the game pass on my pc and was playing a few games fine for a couple of days. However, eventually my xbox app kept crashing, so I tried to uninstall and reinstall. I got halfway, when the application for installing the xbox app crashed after I clicked install.

I tried to use the windows store to download my games instead, only for that to crash when I click install on a game.

I have tried all of the responses in these forums:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-freezing-when-pressing-install/93ebb291-0758-4da1-8424-6920db3eb408

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2438651/how-to-troubleshoot-windows-installer-errors

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-app-installer-crash/f1837c56-573f-41a2-bd55-3355bf92036c

:)

rayahb123, Oct 2, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 2, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft store & Xbox app store both crashing - Similar Threads - Microsoft store Xbox

2. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  3. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  4. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Both Mail/Calendar and Microsoft Store crashes

Both Mail/Calendar and Microsoft Store crashes: Hello.Let me explain: I recently discovered a big problem with my Mail and Calendar app, where they both decide to crash seconds after opening them. All the troubleshooting guides I found online didn't help me, so I decided to simply uninstall/reinstall the app, and that's...
  6. Both Mail/Calendar and Microsoft Store crashes

Both Mail/Calendar and Microsoft Store crashes: Hello.Let me explain: I recently discovered a big problem with my Mail and Calendar app, where they both decide to crash seconds after opening them. All the troubleshooting guides I found online didn't help me, so I decided to simply uninstall/reinstall the app, and that's...
  7. Both Mail/Calendar and Microsoft Store crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft Store and Xbox apps crashing

Microsoft Store and Xbox apps crashing: Hi. I recently bough I new pc with a SSD and I install the newest version of Windows 20H2 and I had a LOT of problems with it, long story short, I spent the last 2 days fixing all kinda problems, but now when I try open ANY Microsoft Store's app, it crashs and with Xbox Game...
  9. Microsoft store and store app do not appear in Settings/Apps, and they both crash in a few...

Microsoft store and store app do not appear in Settings/Apps, and they both crash in a few...: The problem of the Microsoft Store crashing immediately after opening has been an issue for others for example, see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-appxpackage-the-database-disk-image-is/a08ae8a1-20b3-4491-82a6-8c1e04ca3e15. I have not seen it,...
  10. Microsoft store apps crashing.

Microsoft store apps crashing.: I restored my windows using a restore point. Now, my microsoft store and all the microsoft store apps such as Photos, Mail, Calendar, Office, Calculator and all other apps crash when started. I have tried troubleshooting the microsoft apps and resetting these apps....