Windows 10: Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing

Discus and support Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi i've recently downloaded a fresh version of windows on a new ssd and I cannot download the Xbox in order to get games pass games. I left my PC to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesHall270, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing

Hi i've recently downloaded a fresh version of windows on a new ssd and I cannot download the Xbox in order to get games pass games. I left my PC to downlad forza horizon 5 from the microsoft store then there was some sort of update to the store which requires me to have the xbox app installed but it's constantly stuck on installing see belowI've tried MSresetbut that doesnt seem to be working, any help would be appreciated. Cheers

:)

JamesHall270, Nov 22, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 22, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 22, 2021
  4. Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing

Xbox Insider Hub does not appear in the Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you signed in using the Microsoft account?
    3. Are you able to search for other apps on the Microsoft Store?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the apps troubleshooter to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: You can also try to manually
    download the Xbox Insider Hub
    from the link.

Article for Reference.

Get the Xbox Insider Hub app

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing

1. Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing - Similar Threads - Microsoft store Xbox

2. Microsoft Store/Xbox app freezing when installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store/Xbox app freezing when installing: Yesterday I've tried to play Mortal Kombat 11 on my PC, first I played on Cloud, but my internet is really bad and it got extremelly laggy, so I tried installing it, I got told to install Gaming Services and when I tried... Nothing, I let it install for a long time and...
  3. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  4. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  5. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing

Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing: Hi i've recently downloaded a fresh version of windows on a new ssd and I cannot download the Xbox in order to get games pass games. I left my PC to downlad forza horizon 5 from the microsoft store then there was some sort of update to the store which requires me to have the...
  7. Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing

Microsoft store Xbox app stuck installing: Hi i've recently downloaded a fresh version of windows on a new ssd and I cannot download the Xbox in order to get games pass games. I left my PC to downlad forza horizon 5 from the microsoft store then there was some sort of update to the store which requires me to have the...
  8. Microsoft store app installer stuck at 16%?!

Microsoft store app installer stuck at 16%?!: hey there! i cannot download with microsoft store! and i found a way by pasting the app link and then download it! but it freezez at 16%! if i try to use command prompt to install it the app would crash! it feels like i cannot download anything i want from the store this...
  9. Can't install apps on microsoft store and xbox app

Can't install apps on microsoft store and xbox app: A little while ago my microsoft store/xbox store have been refusing to download apps. Sometimes there is a red circle with a line through it on the install button, sometimes it tells me to install it on my devices but my own pc isn't on it. I've tried many of the fixes online...
  10. Microsoft Store App Stuck on "Install"

Microsoft Store App Stuck on "Install": I just performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I was installing Snip and Sketch from the Microsoft Apps Store, it completed the download and began the install, however, did not complete. 1/ I have and HP Desktop with a high speed internet connection....