Windows 10: Microsoft store & Xbox app unable to see external SSD

Discus and support Microsoft store & Xbox app unable to see external SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been having issues with installing games on my laptop through the xbox app and have now also realised that the microsoft store is having the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Xcavon, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Xcavon Win User

Microsoft store & Xbox app unable to see external SSD

I have been having issues with installing games on my laptop through the xbox app and have now also realised that the microsoft store is having the same problem.Both the store and xbox app will only recognise my internal HDD C drive as an install location. I can use my external SSD D drive from other apps and installers, and can move files there without issue. I have on 1 occasion been able to install from the xbox app to the SSD and have launched games from there successfully without incident. However, after booting up my laptop the next day this option was no longer available, dispte the

:)

Xcavon, Oct 21, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Xbox Insider Hub does not appear in the Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you signed in using the Microsoft account?
    3. Are you able to search for other apps on the Microsoft Store?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the apps troubleshooter to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: You can also try to manually
    download the Xbox Insider Hub
    from the link.

Article for Reference.

Get the Xbox Insider Hub app

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Linuda Win User

microsoft store app on external ssd

So have I to create a new partition on external ssd only for the windwos store apps ?

Linuda, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft store & Xbox app unable to see external SSD - Similar Threads - Microsoft store Xbox

2. Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app: Both apps have been fine up to now, but I recently got an error when trying to open the xbox app, saying to reinstall it. Tried uninstalling, but when I try to reinstall, I get the erroe below.I now can't open Microsoft store app, can't find it in installed apps to reset...
  3. Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open xbox app or Microsoft store app: Both apps have been fine up to now, but I recently got an error when trying to open the xbox app, saying to reinstall it. Tried uninstalling, but when I try to reinstall, I get the erroe below.I now can't open Microsoft store app, can't find it in installed apps to reset...
  4. Unable to download XBOX app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download XBOX app from microsoft store.: Issue:I have bought an XBOX ultimate game pass but I am unable to download the XBOX app from the microsoft store. So I tried downloading from the website but it gave the error "Country not supported".However I live in India and XBOX is supported in India Any leads would be...
  5. Microsoft store & Xbox app unable to see external SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store & Xbox app unable to see external SSD: I have been having issues with installing games on my laptop through the xbox app and have now also realised that the microsoft store is having the same problem.Both the store and xbox app will only recognise my internal HDD C drive as an install location. I can use my...
  6. Microsoft store & Xbox app unable to see external SSD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store & Xbox app unable to see external SSD: I have been having issues with installing games on my laptop through the xbox app and have now also realised that the microsoft store is having the same problem.Both the store and xbox app will only recognise my internal HDD C drive as an install location. I can use my...
  7. Unable to see my owned apps in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to see my owned apps in Microsoft Store: I have just built a PC. Signed into my Microsoft account and I am there. I have checked the Microsoft Store Device Management and there is only my laptop there not my new PC. I have apps that I have paid for and they come up in my Microsoft Account but not in the Apps Store....
  8. unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app: I can't sign into my xbox account, it will just load and then close, then when i try to download something on my pc then it will just load and then stay loading. I tried doing wrseset.exe and it does nothing....
  9. microsoft store app on external ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store app on external ssd: dear all, I am unable to installa windows store game on external ssd. After that download is completed and start the installation process I receive this code error: Codice: 0x80070005 . Can anyone help me ? Thank you,...
  10. Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get Xbox App from Microsoft Store: Today when I tried to open my XBOX app it would not allow me to sign in. I kept getting a window that states: Something went wrong. Please try again later. 0x80090016 Things I've tried: Resetting the Xbox and Store apps in the system settings Running the built-in store...