Windows 10: Microsoft Store / Xbox App

Discus and support Microsoft Store / Xbox App in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cam Bean, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Cam Bean Win User

Microsoft Store / Xbox App

Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will permanently delete the app's data however it does absolutely nothing. This is so frustrating.

:)

Cam Bean, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

The Microsoft Store, and the Xbox app doesn't work!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to launch Microsoft Store, Xbox app and GameBar. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

For issues with launching Microsoft Store, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Method 1: Store app troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the Store app troubleshooter and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security and select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, click on Windows Store apps and select Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Re-register apps

If Store app troubleshooter doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try re-registering the apps using PowerShell. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Paste the following command and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Once the process is complete, restart the computer and check.

Method 3: New user account

If re-registering the apps didn’t work, try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Xbox Insider Hub does not appear in the Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you signed in using the Microsoft account?
    3. Are you able to search for other apps on the Microsoft Store?

However, you may follow these steps to check if that helps.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the apps troubleshooter to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: You can also try to manually
    download the Xbox Insider Hub
    from the link.

Article for Reference.

Get the Xbox Insider Hub app

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Store / Xbox App

1. Microsoft Store / Xbox App - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Xbox

2. Microsoft Store and XBOX app broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and XBOX app broken: Hello, i've had this problem for a few weeks now, and i've tried to fix it in multiple ways. Completely reinstalling the XBOX app and Microsoft store, using the built-in windows app repair tool which detected an issue, but didn't resolve it I have also used the SFC and DISM...
  3. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: when i try open the microsoft store or the xbox gamepass app it will appear for a second then immediately crash , i have tried redownloading both the microsoft store and the gamepass multiple times and the problem still remained...
  4. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  5. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  6. Xbox app and microsoft store issues

Xbox app and microsoft store issues: Hi! So when I wanted to play sea of theives I had to get the Xbox app. Tried to download it in the microsoft store but it got to 1% / 260 kB and stopped.. When I paused it or closed the store it just bugged out and I was unable to start the download again. Restarting my pc...
  7. Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken

Microsoft Store and Xbox app broken: So yesterday I wanted to install a game trough the xbox app gamepass and I got the error 0x000001, it didn't even start to install. After looking for solutions I found out that it has something to do with the game services app. The problem is now that I can't install the game...
  8. Microsoft store and Xbox app bugging

Microsoft store and Xbox app bugging: My issue started out when trying to play some Forza with a friend but it said I couldn't connect to the servers or something like that so I went to the Xbox app to see if something was going on there or whatever but whenever I try to launch the xbox app it loads then just...
  9. Xbox app and Microsoft store not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app and Microsoft store not working: The Xbox app and Microsoft store not working. What should i do? submitted by /u/AvocadoSeparate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhf7nv/xbox_app_and_microsoft_store_not_working/
  10. Microsoft store and xbox app are broken!

Microsoft store and xbox app are broken!: Everytime i would launch either apps they would keep trying to load but wouldnt work, i needed to reinstall xbox app but microsoft store had the same problem i tried resetting and try numerous different methods of fixing it, but still wouldnt work. is it a virus? did i mess...