Windows 10: Microsoft Store & Your Phone linked issues - Can't setup Windows Hello & You'll need the...

Discus and support Microsoft Store & Your Phone linked issues - Can't setup Windows Hello & You'll need the... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Dear team, I'm a bit at a loss regarding a nasty bug I've been experiencing for the past few weeks/months. I went as far as following all the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Donald R. Lhoest, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Microsoft Store & Your Phone linked issues - Can't setup Windows Hello & You'll need the...

Dear team,

I'm a bit at a loss regarding a nasty bug I've been experiencing for the past few weeks/months.

I went as far as following all the tutorials on the internet reset the Windows Store, repair, etc, etc, delete and recreate my user profile, to no avail.

Allow me to describe and let's be clear, the SAME issues affect Microsoft Store AND Your Phone.

Microsoft Store

I'm trying to add my personal Live user account to Microsoft Store. I receive two error messages depending on the route.

Microsoft Store & Your Phone linked issues - Can't setup Windows Hello & You'll need the... acfe5d51-02ba-4811-95f6-25003896a35e?upload=true.png

1. Sign In > Selecting my personal user account in the list Use this account -> Error message

"You'll need the internet for this

It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again.

0x800704cf"

Microsoft Store & Your Phone linked issues - Can't setup Windows Hello & You'll need the... e1b78377-81b4-4b9c-9709-ddb5e35b2e1f?upload=true.png

NOTE : I have the opportunity to send a feedback which results in the same error message upon sending...

2. Sign In > User a different account Microsoft account

Filling in logon / password, it promps the following :

Microsoft Store & Your Phone linked issues - Can't setup Windows Hello & You'll need the... b7525af6-bbd5-4b33-b3e2-a08951bdde6c?upload=true.png

Selecting OK leads to the following error message

Microsoft Store & Your Phone linked issues - Can't setup Windows Hello & You'll need the... 55efacde-3c0e-439b-a88e-c1cb369f9b02?upload=true.png

I'm at a complete loss...

Windows Hello is configured maybe with another account?, I have tried removing completely that account to reset it, to no avail.

Thanks you so very much for your help with this...

:)

Donald R. Lhoest, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 1, 2020
  3. DA101 Win User
    First time Your Phone setup needs update

This is the first time I am setting up Your Phone. On my Phone, in the app setup, I need to send notification from the PC app, which is the last step. On PC when I launch Your Phone app I get - A new version of Your Phone app is ready for you to install.
    Clicking UPDATE takes me to Play Store, with only option - LAUNCH which takes me back to need UPDATE. Other option is Can't update now? Go to settings to link your phone and PC with limited functionality. Going to settings I can see the phone is linked. In
    checking my Microsoft account both phone and PC are setup with no issues found. In Play Store when expanding the three dots - Alt F, - Update it does nothing. If anyone can make a recommendation on how to get out of this redundancy it would be appreciated.

DA101, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Microsoft Store & Your Phone linked issues - Can't setup Windows Hello & You'll need the...

Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Store & Your Phone linked issues - Can't setup Windows Hello & You'll need the...

1. Microsoft Store & Your Phone linked issues - Can't setup Windows Hello & You'll need the... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Phone

2. Have Your Phone, can't upgrade to Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have Your Phone, can't upgrade to Phone Link: I just purchased a new Lenovo idea pad running Windows 11 to replace an identical computer that was stolen. I used phone link on the previous computer. This one has Your Phone installed. Your phone shows up when you launch the program, but when you search for Phone Link, Your...
  3. Have Your Phone, can't upgrade to Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have Your Phone, can't upgrade to Phone Link: I just purchased a new Lenovo idea pad running Windows 11 to replace an identical computer that was stolen. I used phone link on the previous computer. This one has Your Phone installed. Your phone shows up when you launch the program, but when you search for Phone Link, Your...
  4. you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link: settings won't open and i'm trying to open minecraft on a school computer but the microsoft store is missing and win + r and win + x works but if i try to type anything in there it just says access denied. windows powershell admin doesn't open cause i don't have an admin...
  5. you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link: settings won't open and i'm trying to open minecraft on a school computer but the microsoft store is missing and win + r and win + x works but if i try to type anything in there it just says access denied. windows powershell admin doesn't open cause i don't have an admin...
  6. you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

7. Windows Store "You'll need a new app to open this about link" issue with Rockstar Games...

Windows Store "You'll need a new app to open this about link" issue with Rockstar Games...: I only have this message pop up when trying to use the Rockstar launcher. The moment I click on it, the message pops up and it continues flashing for a few seconds, not letting me click on anything on my screen. I tried every solution I could find on the internet and none...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ms- windows-store link

You'll need a new app to open this ms- windows-store link: So it started saying this about a week ago and about 14 Microsoft apps said they can't open, and the Microsoft store wouldn't open. I even tried doing what everyone is replying to on other report like this which is like in Powershell: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach...
  9. You'll need a new app to run the ms-windows-store link

You'll need a new app to run the ms-windows-store link: I don't know what happened but i don't even know when it happened but my microsoft store is gone, just completely dissipated no trace its done. Don't reply with the same old solutions i've tried every solution with windows powershell, I've reset my entire pc cleaned the...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store link: Hello, I'm having an issue where the Microsoft store won't open. I tried wsreset, installing via powershell keeps returning errors, tried the troubleshooter says windows store cache my be damaged and the way to fix it is via wsreset. I need help with this as I just...