Windows 10: Microsoft strikes again: Unwanted news feed popups on my desktop

Discus and support Microsoft strikes again: Unwanted news feed popups on my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have long detested the way Microsoft forces annoyances on users of its products. Among the many problems I've had are frequent unnecessary requests... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EddieTessnear, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Microsoft strikes again: Unwanted news feed popups on my desktop

I have long detested the way Microsoft forces annoyances on users of its products. Among the many problems I've had are frequent unnecessary requests for me to change my default apps to Microsoft's favorites and actually changing my preferences without my consent every time I update Windows and sending me email spam on the rare occasion that I must buy a Microsoft product this went on for over a year in one instance AFTER I have opted out DOZENS of times. Here is their latest annoyance, which I hope someone can help me eliminate. I am regularly getting a newsfeed popup on my desktop, despi

:)

EddieTessnear, Jul 26, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Sharyn698 Win User
    Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft strikes again: Unwanted news feed popups on my desktop

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft strikes again: Unwanted news feed popups on my desktop

1. Microsoft strikes again: Unwanted news feed popups on my desktop - Similar Threads - Microsoft strikes again

2. Microsoft Start news feed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Start news feed: Why does my Microsoft Start news feed contain posts from extremely right biased and low credibility feeds like the "Princess Free Zone"? I always look to Microsoft to be unbiased and factual, very disappointed....
  3. Microsoft Start news feed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Start news feed: Why does my Microsoft Start news feed contain posts from extremely right biased and low credibility feeds like the "Princess Free Zone"? I always look to Microsoft to be unbiased and factual, very disappointed....
  4. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts: Windows 10Version 21H1OSBuild : 19042.1706I keep seeing FEEDS appear in my task manager. I have disabled ALL the functions for FEEDSWhat is the command line powershell or dos to REMOVE all of FEEDS so it can never run again.I don't ever want to see it load, I don't ever want...
  5. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts: Windows 10Version 21H1OSBuild : 19042.1706I keep seeing FEEDS appear in my task manager. I have disabled ALL the functions for FEEDSWhat is the command line powershell or dos to REMOVE all of FEEDS so it can never run again.I don't ever want to see it load, I don't ever want...
  6. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft News Feed won't load

Microsoft News Feed won't load: Hi, My Microsoft News app is not loading but I am connected with stable internet and can access the msn news website smoothly. The app says "an error has occurred" and prompt me to refresh the page, which does nothing. The news and interests feed on the taskbar is not loading...
  8. My Feed/Microsoft News on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Feed/Microsoft News on Taskbar: I just updated Windows, and the update seems to have added a feature to the taskbar which does not give me many options for customization. This object on the taskbar shows up on the right side and shows the temperature and what I assume is a one-word summary of the weather:I...
  9. NEWS FEED PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEWS FEED PROBLEM: Recently, News Feed has not been working. It is set to "most recent" but the posts that show are days old and the "recent" are way down there. Also, if you set this to show "recent", why doesn't it remain that way? Also, it notes when you log in, do you want to save the...
  10. hide news feed

hide news feed: How can I permanently hide news feed from edge start page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/hide-news-feed/6641b9fd-57f7-4d4b-a752-67ee843e7319