Windows 10: Microsoft struggles to find solutions to Windows 11 problems

Discus and support Microsoft struggles to find solutions to Windows 11 problems in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 11 has been plagued by a range of issues, leaving both users and the tech giant grappling for solutions. Recent reports reveal that Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 22, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft struggles to find solutions to Windows 11 problems

Windows 11 has been plagued by a range of issues, leaving both users and the tech giant grappling for solutions. Recent reports reveal that Microsoft has acknowledged the existence of certain problems within Windows 11 that it is currently unable to rectify. These issues have affected users of Windows 11 as well as those still using Windows 10, leading to frustration and uncertainty about the future of Microsoft's operating systems.

One prominent bug, as highlighted by Neowin, revolves around the Start menu, Windows search bar, and Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, which fail to start or operate correctly for some users. Investigation into this matter suggests a connection with damaged registry keys and data associated with Microsoft Office apps, along with apps integrated with Office software, Windows, and Outlook. The bugs, however, do not affect all users, with reports of the issue surfacing since January of this year.

Microsoft struggles to find solutions to Windows 11 problems Windows-11-bug.jpg
    Windows 11 is plagued with a bug that causes some essential apps to fail to start or operate correctly for some users
    Microsoft can not get it fixed

Microsoft's response to the bug has left many disappointed, as it fails to offer a definitive fix for the problem. On its 'Health' webpage addressing the issue, Microsoft acknowledges that Windows search and UWP apps may not function as expected or encounter difficulties in the opening.

In an attempt to mitigate the problem, Microsoft has provided a workaround: users can uninstall apps that integrate with Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, or Outlook Calendar. Unfortunately, the company does not provide a comprehensive list of the specific apps causing the issue, making it challenging for users to identify and resolve the problem effectively.

Dilemma of Microsoft

The suggested workaround poses a significant challenge for users who heavily rely on the affected apps. Uninstalling these apps may not be a viable option, leaving individuals with limited choices and no clear path to resolve the issue. Microsoft's admission of its own perplexity regarding the problem raises concerns about the overall stability and reliability of Windows 11, as well as its predecessor, Windows 10, which also experiences similar issues.

Developing and maintaining operating systems like Windows 11 is a complex undertaking. They must seamlessly interact with a wide range of hardware and software configurations, making it challenging to anticipate and resolve all potential issues. However, Microsoft's struggle in finding a suitable fix for these persistent problems is undoubtedly disconcerting. It raises questions about the company's ability to address critical issues and provide a stable user experience, casting doubt on the rumored development of Windows 12.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft struggles to find solutions to Windows 11 problems appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 22, 2023
  2. vjacobie Win User

Quick and simple solution...

Hey there everyone,

I was struggling with this particular issue since installation of Windows 10. A number of my folders took forever to sort by Date, size or anything except the standard Windows Explorer Display.
    Luckily, there is an exact solution that works like a charm!!
    Step 1: Open Explorer
    Step 2: Go to the folder that you have issues with (but don't go into the folder)
    Step 3: Right click on the folder, and select Properties
    Step 4: Click on the "Customize" tab
    Step 5: Under the "Optimize this folder for:" drop down, change this to "General Items"
    Step 6: Tick the box that says include subfolders
    Step 7: Click Apply and OK
    Step 8: Done, move on to your next problem folder and repeat Microsoft struggles to find solutions to Windows 11 problems :)

vjacobie, May 22, 2023
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, May 22, 2023
  4. Microsoft struggles to find solutions to Windows 11 problems

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft struggles to find solutions to Windows 11 problems [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, May 22, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft struggles to find solutions to Windows 11 problems

1. Microsoft struggles to find solutions to Windows 11 problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft struggles find

2. i'm struggling with installing windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm struggling with installing windows 11: hey guys i wanted to upgrade windows from 10 to 11 and i downloaded the iso file from microsoft's official site but when i run the file in the picture it's running for 3 or 4 seconds sometimes 1s and stops running, by the way my lap top meets all requirements that windows 11...
  3. i'm struggling with installing windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i'm struggling with installing windows 11: hey guys i wanted to upgrade windows from 10 to 11 and i downloaded the iso file from microsoft's official site but when i run the file in the picture it's running for 3 or 4 seconds sometimes 1s and stops running, by the way my lap top meets all requirements that windows 11...
  4. windows 11 upgrade problem any solution ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 11 upgrade problem any solution ?: How to fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-upgrade-problem-any-solution/89f4b076-ade6-4915-a48d-c1b8b1737d4b
  5. windows 11 upgrade problem any solution ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 upgrade problem any solution ?: How to fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-upgrade-problem-any-solution/89f4b076-ade6-4915-a48d-c1b8b1737d4b
  6. windows 11 upgrade problem any solution ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. solution for problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    solution for problems: 1. I was using windows 10 build 1809 on my laptop along with windows 8.1. Last month windows 10 stopped booting. Now I am able to use only 8.1. The programs I installed in win 10 are working but win 10 is not showing up in the boot manager and not booting too. I tried to...
  8. Windows slow boot + other problems. Nobody finds a solution. PLEASE.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows slow boot + other problems. Nobody finds a solution. PLEASE.: Hello. It's been a while since I've been experiencing various problems. I have a Lenovo Y50-70, a respectable laptop. i7, 12GB, GTX 680M and 1TB HDD. Win 10 ver 1909 I state that I have dual boot in Clover with OSX. It's been a while since I feel it very very slow. It takes...
  9. Hello I hope to find a solution for this problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hello I hope to find a solution for this problem.: My brother's laptop is broken and I am trying to fix it. HP TouchSmart TM2-2050US There are NO CD / DVD drives in this laptop / netbook / notebook, whatever it is called. It has USB, HDMI, etc., but it has no disk drive. The computer will not be restored because there are...
  10. Problems with mouse and cant find any solutions online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with mouse and cant find any solutions online: When I click on the website my cursor turns into 4 arrows and it scrolls the web page uncontrollably when I hit refresh button an new tab opens. Like what the heck! I tried unlinking wireless keyboard and mouse and then re-link it, i checked my mouse settings. It is almost...