Windows 10: Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and as part of the update to Windows 10, Microsoft partially installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesCoppens, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge

Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and as part of the update to Windows 10, Microsoft partially installed Microsoft Edge on my Netbook. It is not working properly, so I have tried to uninstall it several times. When I try to uninstall, it appears that it was only partially installed. The system asks me to 'repair' Edge. I click to do so, and it appears to install. But then I have the same problem again. I want to uninstall Microsoft Edge, How do I do it?

:)

JamesCoppens, Dec 27, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Dec 27, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Dec 27, 2021
  4. Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge

microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge

1. Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft Support 271221

2. Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Support 271221 Remove Microsoft Edge: Dear Microsoft Support, I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for my Netbook, and as part of the update to Windows 10, Microsoft partially installed Microsoft Edge on my Netbook. It is not working properly, so I have tried to uninstall it several times. When I try to uninstall, it...
  3. Microsoft Edge removal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge removal: So i used IObit uninstaller to remove the microsoft edge bloatware. However when i switched my PC on today i noticed this: https://gyazo.com/0ef6952ca32f3d3bfc93953e3c486d80 For the moment I've chosen to pause updates while i try to figure out if there's a way i can get rid...
  4. Remove inbuilt Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove inbuilt Microsoft Edge.: I got a recent update in which the new chromium Edge is now a system application. Any way to remove that ? Any way.. using a tool or a powershell command? submitted by /u/7K_K7 [link] [comments]...
  5. Remove or block microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove or block microsoft edge: Is there a way to completely uninstall Microsoft Edge or at least block the application from doing anything. This app keeps on changing all my file types PDF to in browser link and opens everything in Microsoft edge even when I don't want it too. I was fine without it but I...
  6. how to remove microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to remove microsoft edge: the last 2 update messed my computer up 1st it put back the arrows ondesktop shortcuts 2nd thethumbnails for my animation all changed to just one picture 3rd the encripted folders were on display to anyone to see but at lest you could not open them. the latest thing is...
  7. Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently: Hi, How I can remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge permanently from Windows 10 Pro? I did this successfully by renaming specific folder in "systemapps". But after feature updates installation, it started to work again. Please guide how can i permanently remove Cortana & EDGE...
  8. Removing a Microsoft Edge Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft Edge Virus: I have a tab on Edge that won't shut. It's clearly a phishing scam, but it also looks like it is trying to download info from my other open tabs. I tried shutting down with task manager and couldn't do it. I shut down my Surface and restarted. I seem to be able to use...
  9. Removing Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Microsoft Edge: I will like to remove Microsoft Edge from my computer. I'm never going to use it and dislike that it opens when I am clicking a link. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/removing-microsoft-edge/9801f304-2b35-4808-95de-65c03ff4a919
  10. Does Microsoft Edge support extensions?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Microsoft Edge support extensions?: And does it have all of the "essentials" like ad blocking? 19421