Windows 10: Microsoft Support for Surface

Discus and support Microsoft Support for Surface in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, I'm considering whether or not to send my Surface Pro 7 for service. Since it is my main pc, where I study and work on, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FedericoBaggio1, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Microsoft Support for Surface

Good morning,

I'm considering whether or not to send my Surface Pro 7 for service.

Since it is my main pc, where I study and work on, I was wondering:

What is Microsoft's timeline for support?

Should i expect not to see my pc for more than a month?

Do they foresee the possibility of giving something to replace the pc in assistance?

I can't find the right section, sorry.

Thanks in advance, sorry for the inconvenience. Have a nice day.

:)

FedericoBaggio1, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Microsoft Support for Surface :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Microsoft launches Surface Computing

The launch of Microsoft Surface marks the beginning of a new technology category and a user-interface revolution. Surface, Microsoft’s first surface computer, provides effortless interaction with digital content through natural hand gestures, touch and physical objects. Surface computing breaks down traditional barriers between people and technology, changing the way people interact with all kinds of everyday information — from photos to maps to menus.

Key features demonstrated in the videos included:
    • Multi-touch ability.
    • Recognition and syncing of wireless devices by placing on touch panel
    • Ability to identify non-digital devices, such as a drink glass, based on shape.
    • Hand gesture system to further interact with the touch panel.
    • New, non-windows based interface.
    The videos really speak for themselves. According to the website, Surface technology will be
    available in Winter 2007.

Source: Microsoft Surface

wazzledoozle, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Microsoft Support for Surface

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Support for Surface

1. Microsoft Support for Surface - Similar Threads - Microsoft Support Surface

2. Microsoft Surface Bluetooth keyboard support on Bitlocker Screen for Dell XPS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Bluetooth keyboard support on Bitlocker Screen for Dell XPS: I have the same question as this one: Bluetooth Keyboard Support But i am using a DELL XPS 15 7590 instead. My bluetooth keybaord does not work/pair by the time the bit locker screen is presented. Cheers....
  3. Microsoft updates Surface driver and firmware support lifecycle dates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Surface driver and firmware support lifecycle dates: On November 13, Microsoft went public with device support dates for some of its more recently released Surface PCs and tablets. Before today, Microsoft had made end-of-device-support dates public for its oldest Surface models, but not some of its newer devices. For Surface...
  4. Microsoft Surface Duo support pages are now live

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Surface Duo support pages are now live: [ATTACH] Surface Duo helps you get more done in better ways. It’s a dual-screen mobile device with a 360° hinge that adapts to what you want to do. It runs on Android and has the best of Microsoft 365 installed and ready to go. Read more: Surface Duo help & learning...
  5. Microsoft surface

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft surface: My daughter's surface has a code of 0x80075FO5, the surface is connected to our home wireless modem but each time I do a search it indicates that there is no Wifi found and the display code is as listed. The device is an older surface and works well but I cannot go to the...
  6. Introducing Surface Pro 6 Support for Microsoft Teams Rooms Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Surface Pro 6 Support for Microsoft Teams Rooms Devices: Surface Pro 6 is now supported on Microsoft Teams Rooms devices. Check out specific SKU support by processor type, RAM, and storage size here. One additional note - we're now in the process of updating references to "Skype Room Systems v2" with the new "Microsoft Teams...
  7. Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support: In 2017, Microsoft launched Cortana Device Setup app which allows users to configure devices like Harman Kardon Invoke speaker with Windows 10 PCs. Late last week, it appears that Microsoft quietly updated the Cortana Device Setup app with support for Surface Headphones....
  8. Microsoft Surface

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Surface: each time the computer performs an update I have to enter a 48 numeric key. Is there away that I can configure the laptop so I will not have to enter the code every time? ***Moved from: (Surface Book 2 / Install, update, and repair)***...
  9. Surface support phone number?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface support phone number?: Need Surface Support phone number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/surface-support-phone-number/d12392c0-84db-44a3-b923-402909b9457a
  10. Wake on LAN Support for Surface

in Windows 10 News
    Wake on LAN Support for Surface: We’re happy to announce the addition of Wake on LAN support for Surface devices connected to wired local area networks with a Surface Ethernet Adapter or Surface Dock. With Wake on LAN, you can enable your docked or connected devices to be woken from Connected Standby,...