Windows 10: Microsoft support icon and app missing in start up and taskbar since latest update.

Discus and support Microsoft support icon and app missing in start up and taskbar since latest update. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft support app is no longer listed in startup, no tile, no taskbar icon since the most recent update to this pc. How to display them again in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klaro 1590, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Microsoft support icon and app missing in start up and taskbar since latest update.

Microsoft support app is no longer listed in startup, no tile, no taskbar icon since the most recent update to this pc. How to display them again in Windows 10, 20H2, v. 19042.1083 desktop?

:)

klaro 1590, Aug 24, 2021
  2. noten Win User

Missing Taskbar Icons

I'm having the same problem with 'Metro' icons. They don't show in the taskbar and they don't show within other apps. Shortcuts just show the generic page icon. The only place app icons show is in the start menu and those are really tiles.

Here's an example of what I'm dealing with:

Microsoft support icon and app missing in start up and taskbar  since latest update. [​IMG]

I have tried scf (sfc?) scan and dsim, no luck. Have also tried everything mentioned in this thread. Nothing.

One suggestion that offered some promise was to look at the icon files to see if they look alright but didn't suggest anything beyond that. I browsed to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6310.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images and found some icon files that seemed ok but then a bunch that appeared blank:

Microsoft support icon and app missing in start up and taskbar  since latest update. [​IMG]

Any thoughts?

noten, Aug 24, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 24, 2021
  4. Microsoft support icon and app missing in start up and taskbar since latest update.

Microsoft Store app icons missing from Start Menu and Task Bar

Hello,

Corrupted or missing system files are some of the possible reasons why your Microsoft apps are missing from the Start menu and taskbar. If the issue happens after you perform the latest Windows 10 update, we highly recommend performing the troubleshooting
    steps in this thread on how you can restore missing apps. Just look
    for Meliton Dec's suggestions. Lots of Community user found his suggestions helpful.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft support icon and app missing in start up and taskbar since latest update.

1. Microsoft support icon and app missing in start up and taskbar since latest update. - Similar Threads - Microsoft support icon

2. Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!!: The Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!! Also, since the update yesterday TranslucentTB is no longer working. What the hell? Windows updates should make windows better not worse!How do I change the size of the Taskbar and...
  3. Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!!: The Taskbar and taskbar icons are now much bigger since latest Windows 11 update yesterday!!! Also, since the update yesterday TranslucentTB is no longer working. What the hell? Windows updates should make windows better not worse!How do I change the size of the Taskbar and...
  4. Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird screen taskbar icon issue since latest update: Hi, I have a bit of a weird issue since the latest Win10 update. I have 6 screens. The bottom middle one is my primary. Win key opens up the start menu fine on the primary screen. However, my "pinned" apps now show on the top right screen! They used to show (correctly) on the...
  5. MIssing .dll files since latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIssing .dll files since latest Update: Since the December 10th 2019 update I no longer have the use of my Photoshop program. It appears I now have some missing .dll files. I tried uninstalling the updates to no avail. I have tried installing some file I was directed to some kind of CC++ files, downloading...
  6. Start up icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up icons missing: When I opened windows 10 today my line of startup icons are missing. Any idea what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-icons-missing/d053b929-fcf2-4893-8543-0d3b8c9ebf1c
  7. Latest update & start up

Latest update & start up: So i left my computer to update and shut down over night and in the morning i booted it up and logged in as usual. Im brought up with no desktop or background and a white window loads in with the message, “personalized settings (not responding)”. How do i fix this?...
  8. battery status icon missing from taskbar since windows update?

battery status icon missing from taskbar since windows update?: battery status icon missing from taskbar since windows update? I've fixed this problem in the past on a different laptop, but cant remember how???!!!...
  9. Missing App Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing App Icons on Taskbar: No app icons will appear on the taskbar. They show fine in the Start menu, but are missing on the taskbar. It only includes apps, no installed programs are having this issue. This includes calculator, Edge, Xbox, etc. I tried rebuilding the icon cache from this tutorial, but...
  10. App ICON's missing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    App ICON's missing in Taskbar: Hello all, I've been running Windows 10 for a year or so now.. I tend to run several (dozens) of applications at the same time, and to manage that, I would hover the mouse over the icons in the task bar to see which running application, I wanted to access. For example,...