Windows 10: Microsoft support nightmare

Discus and support Microsoft support nightmare in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; First off, I understand that during Covid, things move slow. However, today is February 3rd, and this nightmare trying to get help from Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KeithYingling1, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Microsoft support nightmare

First off, I understand that during Covid, things move slow. However, today is February 3rd, and this nightmare trying to get help from Microsoft began on January 21st when my son's Xbox account was hacked. Then his Microsoft Authenticator app was hacked. Then, my banking information, since it was stored with Microsoft.

I tried recovering his passwords at least a half dozen times, and requested upgraded security by using my Email account linked to his Xbox in case this were to happen again. Each time, Microsoft said it would take 30 days to add the security features. In the meantime, the hacker is also getting these requests, and cancelling them. Every day it was another process trying to recover the account. Then, I decided to make an attempt to actually talk to someone at Microsoft. I navigated through the online support before I learned how to get a phone call. Obviously, Microsoft wants no part of talking to their customers, and why should they? The world has two choices in operating systems: Microsoft and IOS.

Sorry, back to the details. The lady overseas was very nice, as they all are, but the communication barrier along with up to a 10 second delay reminds me of cans with strings. My calls to Microsoft were disconnected several times, and only a few times did they call back. The first lady took all of my information, including the information from the Xbox itself. She said she could see the suspicious activity and would escalate the problem with all of my personal information. She said I would receive a response within one to three days.

The next day, I got the response from Microsoft in an Email, stating I had not provided enough information and that the ticket was being closed. Awesome. "Alex" didn't ask me what further information he needed. I responded to his Email as nicely as I could, but he hasn't bothered to respond. I requested another call from Microsoft and was given a new ticket. I was told I would receive a call back that day, but didn't hold my breath, so I'm still alive. During this time, I've learned that the hacker on the other side has been cancelling all of my requests, including the original ticket to recover the account permanently, but I'm still without a solution.

So here is my question: Does anyone have any idea how to reach a customer service rep stateside? I spoke with someone in the US who was helpful, no issues in communicating, and no issues with static, until, of course, the call was cut off. I'm getting desperate, since we are completely locked out of everything Microsoft, and have been since January 21st.

:)

KeithYingling1, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 3, 2021
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Feb 3, 2021
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft support nightmare

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft support nightmare

1. Microsoft support nightmare - Similar Threads - Microsoft support nightmare

2. Display nightmare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display nightmare: One of the kids has managed to turn my page display black and the text yellow! I can't get it back to the normal white page display and black text. Can anyone help please? I have asked him how he did it and he can't remember because he says he was messing around and clicked...
  3. WINDOWS NIGHTMARE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS NIGHTMARE: I installed a new gen 4 SSD and changed my motherboard, which began my worst day ever in the past decade. Windows is refusing to boot, stating that my PC can't start properly. The PC refuses to boot with the new NVME drive installed. It works fine when I take it out. I tried...
  4. OneDrive Nightmare

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Nightmare: It is a sad day in the world when the memoirs and articles one writes, on their personal computer, cannot even be saved privately on their very own personal computer. OneDrive makes it impossible to privately save your own documents in the way you see most fitting on your...
  5. Microsoft support nightmare

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft support nightmare: First off, I understand that during Covid, things move slow. However, today is February 3rd, and this nightmare trying to get help from Microsoft began on January 21st when my son's Xbox account was hacked. Then his Microsoft Authenticator app was hacked. Then, my banking...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator Install Nightmare

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Install Nightmare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxK60PYTSiU&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=BrianPfeiffer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-flight-simulator-install-nightmare/034f1c83-5891-4eff-b082-2fcf127b78bf
  7. Nightmare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightmare: My Settings is not working it opens blank, my Windows Update has disappeared and all my update history is gone. Any devices connected t my USB are not recognised. I rarely use my laptop but on opening yesterday, its been hell. I have no idea what else to do other than throw...
  8. Microsoft Login Nightmare

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Login Nightmare: This is long (winded) . . . I have been using Windows since 3.1. In 2011 I bought a new PC and as soon as Windows 8 was introduced, I set up a Microsoft Account. This was years ago and in that time, I have switched phone service with a new number and no longer use or...
  9. Photos nightmare.....

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos nightmare.....: Hi folks ....have been successfully transferring pics from my camera(s) since days of '98....and now problems arise! TWINUI has now crept in as my pic viewer of choice. I managed to restore photo viewer (using these pages).....but believe that I now require Gallery...
  10. Microsoft Customer Support for Win 10 - A Complete Nightmare!

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Customer Support for Win 10 - A Complete Nightmare!: I have recently bought Windows 10 Professional. I have a major issue with it that couldn't be resolved with any research I did online and so I rang Microsoft's customer support. I have just spent the last two hours wasting my time. Their telephone support is the worst I've...