Windows 10: Microsoft support started system restore 1 hour ago, it is still running. Should it be ?

Discus and support Microsoft support started system restore 1 hour ago, it is still running. Should it be ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft support started system restore an hour ago. After a microsoft update earlier today the screen did not display properly. The remote access and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cleooz, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Cleooz Win User

Microsoft support started system restore 1 hour ago, it is still running. Should it be ?

Microsoft support started system restore an hour ago. After a microsoft update earlier today the screen did not display properly. The remote access and driver upgrade did not work. Restore seems to be taking a long time, do i continue to let it run or try to stop it ?

:)

Cleooz, Oct 11, 2018

2. system restore

Hello,

I suggest you perform the following suggestions to resolve this issue:

Step 1:

1. Click "Start", type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and press Enter.

2. Double click the service "Volume Shadow Copy Service".

3. Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the "Start" button under "Service Status" to start the service.

Step 2: Run sfc /scannow to check your system.

Step 3: Go to %windir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SystemRestore

In that directory, rename SR to SR.sav

Try to create the manual restore point again.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 11, 2018
  3. System Restore Taking 2 Hours

HELP! Yesterday after installing Office 365 on my computer I started having blue screen of doom - and errors below 1. Service_Exception_cld... I researched and MS community suggested that I turn on Driver Verifier. I did that and during the night my
    computer crashed. However, when I went to restart I got the following errors IRQL_Not_Less And then it would just endless loop through your computer shut down and needs to restart - there is an error, needs to restart.... So I selected system restore. That
    was 2 hours ago. It has been scrolling (the bar is moving) on "Restoring Files" for 2 hours now. What do I do? Is it legit still running the system restore because the scroll bar is still moving, or is it locked up? How long should this take? What do
    I do if it locks up - can I reboot and will it start again or do I have to take this to a computer store. The Dell desktop I'm working on is only 2.5 weeks old. I've researched and can't find anything on how long a Windows 10 restore should take, and nothing
    other than hope you have the backup disks for rebooting in the middle of the restore - which I don't have because everything came preloaded!

sewhappy4me66, Oct 11, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft support started system restore 1 hour ago, it is still running. Should it be ?

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft support started system restore 1 hour ago, it is still running. Should it be ? - Similar Threads - Microsoft support started

2. so i started the update 3 hours ago and after 1 hour the update was 91% then it stopped at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so i started the update 3 hours ago and after 1 hour the update was 91% then it stopped at...: so i started the update 3 hours ago and after 1 hour the update was 91% then it stopped at 92% it has been 2 hours and nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-started-the-update-3-hours-ago-and-after-1/6b27bd83-1002-4548-93b5-b019263d516a
  3. so i started the update 3 hours ago and after 1 hour the update was 91% then it stopped at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    so i started the update 3 hours ago and after 1 hour the update was 91% then it stopped at...: so i started the update 3 hours ago and after 1 hour the update was 91% then it stopped at 92% it has been 2 hours and nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-started-the-update-3-hours-ago-and-after-1/6b27bd83-1002-4548-93b5-b019263d516a
  4. so i started the update 3 hours ago and after 1 hour the update was 91% then it stopped at...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How long should system restore take on a 1 TB hdd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should system restore take on a 1 TB hdd?: After an update I installed, my pc wasn't booting properly so I restored my pc to the last point. I read from most news articles that it shouldn't take more than 40 minutes, but it's been an hour and a half and I think it might be stuck. What do I do? submitted by /u/kevlu8...
  6. System restore taking hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore taking hours: My laptop wasn't booting uo so I tried to do a system restore. It has been around 6 hours since I started and it is still hasn't finished. What should I do submitted by /u/Re-Evolution7 [link] [comments]...
  7. System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore has been restoring the registry for 7-1/2 hours: ` I have been watching the following for more than 7 hours... What do I do? Thanks! Vince [img] 141410
  8. System Restore working for hours

System Restore working for hours: I use Windows 10 My File Explorer stopped working suddenly, after numerous efforts it didnt respond then i started system restore it ran for more than 7 hrs and still was displaying "restoring the registry " I switched off the pc Should i run it again...
  9. System Restore has been running for over two hours

System Restore has been running for over two hours: I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or shut down the computer?...
  10. System restore running for hours

System restore running for hours: My computer running Windows 10 suddenly seemed to have no connection to the speakers in my computer and the drivers were MIA. Decided to run a system restore to see if that would fix and it’s been running for 8 hours. I need to use the computer. What do i do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore from 1 hour ago

2. System still running after one hour

3. restore windows phone 1 hour

4. how to system restore from 1 hour ago,
  5. system restore running for over an hour