Windows 10: Microsoft support tech messed up my PC

Discus and support Microsoft support tech messed up my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a brand-new PC. I have been having issues connecting my wireless headphones and all of my research and support knowledge I have an IT background... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SamSwicegood, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Microsoft support tech messed up my PC

I have a brand-new PC. I have been having issues connecting my wireless headphones and all of my research and support knowledge I have an IT background came up empty, so I tried Microsoft support at their official phone number.

I spoke to one tech and he remoted in with Quick Assist. Before support began the problem cleared itself up with no further issue, so we disconnected. The issue immediately came back, so I called back and was given to a new tech to reopen the ticket.

The new tech, Rohan, also remoted in with Quick Assist. He then went lightning-fast, doing the following:

• Opened Device manager and disabled my bluetooth device
    • Launched MSDS Surface diagnostic tool. I am NOT on a Surface device and he did not ask.
    • When MSDS Terms of service popped open, he clicked the "accept" button without asking or even saying a word
    • Opened SysConfig and disabled the first 20 or so programs in the "services" tab. This included several Microsoft services.
    • Opened task manager and disabled my entire startup list
    • Opened RegEdit and did SOMETHING. I didn't have more than a second and I couldn't catch what he did before he had closed this and all other windows, and restarted the computer.

Which then had issues booting.

When it finally got back to the desktop, Rohan asked me to reconnect the support session, but I couldn't--I had an empty system tray, nothing in my internet adapters, everything in "Services.msc" was disabled or stopped. Rohan then said that before we continued support I would need to contact my internet provider.

I told him that's not the case, and explained that I had just watched him disable all this stuff. Rohan got very angry and started saying I shouldn't blame him for this problem, and that he hadn't done anything wrong. I asked to speak to a manager and Rohan hung up.

It has been several hours and I have my PC back up to where it was before Rohan's interaction, but my initial issue remains unsolved and I feel like my trust in Microsoft support has been severely damaged here. What Rohan did not know was that I was recording my desktop with OBS, and I have been able to recover part of the recovered desktop recording, showing him do most of the things listed above.

-

Sam

:)

SamSwicegood, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Robo1991 Win User

microsoft tech support mess up

i recently contacted tech support about my windows 10 update the start button doesnt work one of there tech team laydon asked for remote access and after he messed around with settings he left now the start button still doesnt work and now my keyboard
    doesnt work i have to hold down the function button to type so i contacted tech support again and they wont help even though they messed it up and told me to ask on here, so does anybody know how to fix my keyboard

Robo1991, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware

Microsoft: Beware this fake Windows BSOD from tech support scammers' malware | ZDNet

Microsoft support tech messed up my PC [​IMG]

Borg 386, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft support tech messed up my PC

Is AARAV Tech Support Service used by microsoft?

Why do you ask?

Microsoft has so-called Microsoft Partners (which says nothing about the quality of their services...) who are listed in
    https://pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-us

AARAV Tech Support Service seems not to be listed.

Jsssssssss, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft support tech messed up my PC

1. Microsoft support tech messed up my PC - Similar Threads - Microsoft support tech

2. tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  3. tech support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tech support: need to upgrade but system says that it cant run on this you need to contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/ea3a39de-c12f-4922-b2e2-47b219e3153d
  4. what if tech support messes up your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what if tech support messes up your computer: The volume on my laptop was stuck on mute saying “there is no output device” so I contacted support through the settings on my laptop. I gave the agent control and restarted my laptop when instructed. This was about 5 hours ago and my laptop has not been able to start since....
  5. what if tech support messes up your computer

what if tech support messes up your computer: The volume on my laptop was stuck on mute saying “there is no output device” so I contacted support through the settings on my laptop. I gave the agent control and restarted my laptop when instructed. This was about 5 hours ago and my laptop has not been able to start since....
  6. tech support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tech support: I have a Lenovo Ieapad S-145...2yr old. The touchpad wont R. click to bring up that menu..Ive trie to upate..unintall/reintall an nothing ha helped...I guess the Q' s are...A...i s it fixable or a work-around avail??...and B...I looke into the properties etc. an it shows 13...
  7. Microsoft tech support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft tech support: I have been trying to contact a live person at Microsoft support for windows. However the support bot will not let me. It askes me to sign-in twice and will not let me past the second sign-in! So I cannot talk to a person! What can I do. When I call tech support they say...
  8. Microsoft Tech Support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Tech Support: How do I get tech support from microsoft to perform remote routine service / maintenance on my windows laptop using my Assure subscription? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-tech-support/0a5d52fe-ee77-4d01-b6e8-499505dbc830
  9. Why Microsoft tech support hang up the phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Microsoft tech support hang up the phone?: Customer support teams member connecting me to a tech support team. And tech team just hanging up the phone. I’ve called them already three times on the same issue and waisted so much time, because no one reply on the other end....
  10. Tech Support

Tech Support: Does anyone have a phone # for Tech Support IN the United States ONLY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tech-support/058f5907-61d4-4984-81e8-c780d446304d