Windows 10: Microsoft support told me I could reinstall windows and product key would be in my...

Discus and support Microsoft support told me I could reinstall windows and product key would be in my... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was talking to Microsoft tech support as my prebuilt gaming PC's Windows was corrupted according to him and he told me to make a usb installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by spenceroldham0, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Microsoft support told me I could reinstall windows and product key would be in my...

I was talking to Microsoft tech support as my prebuilt gaming PC's Windows was corrupted according to him and he told me to make a usb installation media for my pc from another pc, and I asked him when I cleared the drives if I would have to buy windows again, he said the code would stay inside my motherboard. so I reinstalled, and here I am with an unactivated windows 10.

:)

spenceroldham0, Mar 29, 2020

2. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM product key

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Microsoft support told me I could reinstall windows and product key would be in my... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Mar 29, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Microsoft support told me I could reinstall windows and product key would be in my...

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft support told me I could reinstall windows and product key would be in my...

1. Microsoft support told me I could reinstall windows and product key would be in my... - Similar Threads - Microsoft support told

2. Fortnite Issue Told Me to Come To Windows Support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite Issue Told Me to Come To Windows Support: Ok, so I'm having issues with Fortnite. I try to open a replay file of a Battle Royal or Zero Build match, but whenever I get to the loading screen, Fortnite crashes. I have contacted Epic Games support, and have trouble shooted a lot of issues with no improvement....
  3. Fortnite Issue Told Me to Come To Windows Support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fortnite Issue Told Me to Come To Windows Support: Ok, so I'm having issues with Fortnite. I try to open a replay file of a Battle Royal or Zero Build match, but whenever I get to the loading screen, Fortnite crashes. I have contacted Epic Games support, and have trouble shooted a lot of issues with no improvement....
  4. How would i get my Product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How would i get my Product key?: How would i get my Product key?when i have product ID is 00196-048-369-370and Edition ID is X15-37340 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-would-i-get-my-product-key/b54371d7-0c76-4bb9-9a13-c225095d6bd8
  5. How would i get my Product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How would i get my Product key?: How would i get my Product key?when i have product ID is 00196-048-369-370and Edition ID is X15-37340 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-would-i-get-my-product-key/b54371d7-0c76-4bb9-9a13-c225095d6bd8
  6. product key and reinstalling windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key and reinstalling windows ?: I activated my device with windows 10. then shortly asked if I wanted to upgrade to a better more fast and safer design windows 10 enterprise I did shortly before it started the form. I had the info. on the the product key asked to down load it with a flash drive I didn't...
  7. product key support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key support: not realizing I was logged in under my Microsoft Name my son installed his new game under my account. How can I uninstall and install under his account? We are using the same computer but we have different user names. I want he game under his account with his other games....
  8. Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Reinstalling Windows Product Key: I recently reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer. I had it activated beforehand and it was working perfectly fine, but after reinstallation it wasnts another product key? Am I supposed to use my first product key?...
  9. Microsoft Support told me that if I delete my driver it will reinstall after restart. It...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Support told me that if I delete my driver it will reinstall after restart. It...: Sorry for me being a dumbass but why won’t my audio driver reinstall after restart. Microsoft chat support said it would. submitted by /u/FireStrixx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gt90ia/microsoft_support_told_me_that_if_i_delete_my/
  10. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...